Friday, January 21, 2005

cicak flavoured toast

Well, one thing that I forgot to mention last night was that there was a horrid smell that has been invading our kitchen since yesterday afternoon. At first it just smelled like fish.. and I thought that maybe the neighbours had taken out some fish to cook.. then later at night.. the smell turned into something like belacan. And I thought that maybe the neighbours were making belacan. Haha.. that's why I didn't really bother investigating any further. Plus, the smell seemed to be coming from the outside.

Later that night though.. my parents made me and Aaron look for the source of the smell. We figured it was either a dead rat or lizard. We looked practically everywhere... under the kitchen counters, under the shelves, behind boxes, inside shoes, under the washing machine, the dryer, the dishwasher, the fridge... but found nothing. In the end.. we all gave up. I went online to type out my first entry and everyone else either went online, watched tv, or went to bed.

Anyways, I woke up this morning at about 10.. took my shower.. until about 10.30.. which was when I went downstairs to have breakfast. We all had toast, bacon, and eggs. The usual. Which I enjoyed. After that me and Aaron cleaned up.. washed the dishes, wiped the table.. etc etc.

Just now.. at around 3pm.. my mom asked me to go and make some milk for my little sister, Andy. So, I went to boil some water first. Our electric kettle is right next to the toaster, you see.. So when I went to boil some water.. I picked up the toaster to put it away.. further away from the kettle so that I would be able to reach the kettle.. as I picked it up, I remembered once when one of my aunts found a dead lizard in their toaster.. and they have been using the toaster for quite some time without realising that there had been a dead lizard in their toaster the whole time.. and that's when I decided to check the toaster.. for maybe that's where the smell was coming from. And lo and behold! I was right.

Hahaha.. right there and then.. I went "ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!!" and walked out of the kitchen into the music room still going "ew ew ew ew", i might add, to where everyone was. Everyone just turned to look at me and asked "found it?". And well.. the answer was pretty obvious, wasn't it? What's weird was that.. the smell never smelled like it had come from the toaster at all. Haha. So there.. the case of the mysterious smell, solved.

I still can't believe I ate toast from that toaster this morning though. Gross!

1 Comments:

Blogger me_yasmin said...

eww...lizard toast ala kimi...bwahahaha

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home