Tuesday, January 25, 2005

XPDC trip - day 1

Well, my parents got a new toaster for us to use. Haha. The old one is now sitting outside on the porch. Darn.. I liked that toaster. =( Oh well..

Hurm.. yes, I promised that I would tell you a story of why my foot hurts. Still does, btw. This is gonna be a 3 part story for you all. ;) Brace yourselves. Well.. 2 weeks ago.. the Unimas XPDC club came over on a trip to Miri. Actually the whole point of their trip was to go to Niah, but they decided to come up to Miri first. Hehe. Rafie's in the club, so he asked me to help them out with accomodation and all that. And so I did.. sort of.. I actually wanted them to stay at Apple Lodge which is located near M², CB, Al Fresco and all that so that at least during the night.. they would have a place to go. And it's just nearby. Plus, there was free wifi at Al Fresco and The Other Office, which is a bar. And so I gave them the number for them to do a booking at the lodge. Unfortunately, the owner of the lodge and Hazam, who is the project leader, couldn't come to an agreement and therefore, they didn't have a place to stay.

I had dragged Wani and Yasmin into this to help me out and so that I won't have to handle the crowd alone. :P Anyways, and then, at last minute, on Monday afternoon, the day before they were scheduled to arrive in Miri, Mimin, Wani, JB, and I went out scouting for a place for them to stay which is in their budget. They had limited it to only 20 ringgit per head. So then we found a place.. Million Inn... urgh.. I didn't really like the place.. but I wouldn't have minded just staying one night there. As long as it's not more. Heh.. I was so so so so so so so worried the night before they were scheduled to arrive that they were gonna hate me cos of the place we put them in to stay for the night. I couldn't really sleep that night.. I was so worried about that.. plus, I was so anxious to see Rafie again.. I couldn't wait to see him again.. plus, the next day I was gonna wear a skirt. Why? Rafie lorrrr!!!!

Anyways, the next day.. I woke up bright and early.. to go out and meet them at wherever they were gonna be at. Unfortunately, they were delayed. So Wani, Mimin, and I just stayed back and hung around my house for a bit more. We only left the house at about 9. We went to the Visitor's Information Centre cos that was where they were. Wani parked the car at the Tamu, well, actually I did, since I was the one driving, but Wani was the one that stayed behind in the car whilst Mimin and I crossed the street towards the Visitor's Info Centre. I was so nervous.. I could see Rafie standing right outside the building.. looking like he always does. With his football jersey and his sunglasses. Hehe. Oh.. and you can read Mimin's account of things at AttentionSeeker : (can't think of a bloody title) . Hehehe.. was so happy to see him again.. but couldn't help but still feel worried about whether the rest of them would be okay with the place I had put them in. Gahhhhh.. and Rafie kept teasing me!!! *sob* Meanie.

Well, anyways, after the Visitor's Info Centre... we brought them out for breakfast then after that it was to the Inn. After that, we went to Boulevard. Where Rafie bought me hurm.. 3 t-shirts?? Well, he insisted!! Should've seen the look on my face when he paid for them.. so pale and guilty looking. Heh.. not like I didn't apppreciate them though. I love them. Just not used to having anyone spending so much on me. Oh.. and he also got me this really nice necklace. Teehee. Thanks, dear! Love them so much. Love you too. =)


The receipt -_-"

After Boulevard, we went to the Miri City Fan... too bad it was raining at the time. At least it wasn't pouring.


At Miri City Fan ^^

After Miri City Fan, we went to Tanjong Beach. It was still drizzling when we were there though. Oh man.. the beach!! Damn... a funny thing happened there... Rafie and I were out on the pier.. Rafie had passed his digicam to one of his friends to take a picture of us.. so we were standing there.. smiling.. with our backs towards the sea when suddenly the girls in front of us started screaming.. and the looks of people's faces in front of us changed.. I was like uh-oh.. and Rafie turned around to look behind us, alas, it was too late.. a damn huge ass wave crashed over the both of us. I was socked from top to bottom and so was Rafie. But the difference was that.. you couldn't tell at all that he was soaked cos of the clothes he was wearing.. he had black jeans on. I had blue jeans on. I have long hair. He has short hair. Well, too bad his friend didn't take a picture just as the wave crashed on the both of us. But he did take one of us after we got hit.


Struck by our own mini tsunami. Haha.

Anyways, after the beach, went back to the Inn to freshen up before dinner. Luckily it had stopped raining by then. Went to eat at Aseanika that night. Lucky Rafie bought me those t-shirts and that I had brought jeans along (which got soaked at the beach) cos I didn't want to have to wear a skirt all day. So I was back in my skirt and my new t-shirt by dinnertime. Heheh.. after dinner.. we all headed to the Taman Awam.. and I found out that there had built a new suspension bridge. Cool. But too bad it was closed off. =( Hehehe.. later on though.. Rafie and I went down the hill.. and started playing at the children's playground there. Hahaha. Man.. we're both such kids. Pretty soon.. everyone else in the club started joining us. The guys especially. Aduh.. and I learned one really important lesson that day.. which was to never ever go down a slide in a skirt!!! Hahaha! Never again. :D

After me and Rafie had satisfied our childish fetishes.. we went to explore more of the park and went up to the skatepark bit of the place.. several of the trails up there were muddy.. hehe.. so Rafie carried me over those bits. Awwww... Hehehe. So adorable. Love him so much. After we had seen the skatepark, we went up to the tower which overlooked the park. Nice view... =)


Taman Awam


Anyways, after that... while the rest went back to the Inn, Wani dropped me and Rafie off at the shoplots in Pujut 7. Yasmin had gone home earlier so she didn't join us for dinner. Why didn't Rafie stay with the rest of the club at the inn? Well, cos he wanted to stay over at my place? Then why did Wani drop us off at the shoplots instead of my house? Because my dad was still up. Hehehe.. so... me and Rafie walked to a nearby bus stop, just to kill time, which was located at Pujut 7d, I think. After staying there for a bit.. I suggested that we go over to my friend, Harvill's house. So that I could also, at the same time, introduce him to another one of my friends. Hehehe. So I called up Harvill and soon we were walking down the street to his house. Rafie and Harvill really hit it off. I don't really know if that's a good thing or a bad thing cos pretty soon both of them were bullying me. -_-"

Anyways, we both were standing out there on Harvill's driveway for pretty much an hour.. until 12.15 maybe when we both decided that we should be heading back to my house. Cos my dad should be asleep by then. Harvill offered to drive us back there.. which I didn't mind. Hehehe. Standing up for like an hour whilst carrying bags that seem to be getting heavier by the minute can be pretty stressing. Hehe.

Anyways, got home.. went up to my room.. Heh.. my mom woke up... and hehe.. Rafie had to go hide under the bed. Haha. The poor boy was so terrified. I was only amused. Well, my mom left soon after. The poor boy. Teehee. Hmmm.. or maybe not so poor after all? Hahaha. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home