Thursday, January 27, 2005

XPDC trip - day 3

What was the supposedly evil plan? Well.. Wani and I came up with it.. as we were chatting on the night of the 12th of January. The thought of it was already there in my mind.. Wani just acted as a catalyst, convincing me to actually do it. I HAD to do it anyway.. not only cos he had left his digicam with me and that he had my CD player with him.. but because I couldn't just let Rafie leave without me saying a proper goodbye to him.. and have the thought of the last memory I would have of him from that trip.. of me, just jumping into the car and taking off without a word.. without him even knowing I had left.. swim around in my head, haunting me? Na-ah.

I am supposed to be in bed by 11pm... stupid curfew imposed on me and my siblings by my parents.. anyway, at 11pm, everyone had gone to bed already except for me and my dad. So I decided to put on a movie on the DVD player to buy me some time before my dad goes to bed and at least he won't ask me to go to bed just yet. They only placed that curfew on us, so that we wouldn't stay online or on the computer till late at night and since we're all not really the kind to watch TV, we would all just go to bed. I did that so that hopefully, he wouldn't turn on the alarm just yet.. Mind you, our alarm here is quite annoying cos it beeps continously for 30 secs once we've turned on the alarm and when we turn it off, it just beeps really fast but at least it only lasts for 2 seconds maybe. This beeping thing could be heard all over the house. So yes, I didn't want my dad turning on the alarm. Unfortunately, he did. So after a few minutes.. I paused my movie.. went to my bag.. took out my wallet.. went to grab one of the car keys.. unlocked the door.. switched off the alarm which then produced that evil beeping noise which was sure to bring either one of my parents back downstairs to investigate, walked up to the car, unlocked it, tossed my wallet under one of the seats and proceeded to pretend to look for it. Only after a few minutes of searching then did I 'find' my 'lost' wallet under one of the seats. After I got out of the car, yups, there my dad was at the windows.. looking pissed.. and glaring at me.

When I got back into the house.. He just snapped at me and said 'Go to bed' and turned off the TV and the DVD player on which my unfinished movie was playing. But at least he didn't go and lock the doors and turn on the alarm himself. He left me to do it. Hehe.. >:) I stayed downstairs for awhile while he went back upstairs to bed and then I quickly ran into my room, grabbed a few clothes and stuffed them into my bag. I even opened up my packet of unopened pepper spray to bring with me, just in case. I then closed my bedroom door and went over to Aaron's room to wake him up and ask for a favour. It was dark and I accidentally tripped which caused me to fall on Aaron's head on the bed. Opps. He was then all grumpy and stuff. I don't blame him. I had to wake him up to help me lock the doors and turn on the alarm after I leave the house. What's weird was that.. he didn't even ask me any questions.. I just said to him "Aaron, you gotta help me lock the doors and turn on the alarm.. I'm going to Wani's place now.. I just can't let her go to Niah alone." So we both went downstairs.. he just trudged down after me. I went out the front door and closed it as quietly as I could behind me. From outside, I could hear the alarm being turned on and the door being locked.

By this time.. it was already past midnight and I didn't want to risk the chance of one of my parents looking out the window should they hear the sound of the gates being opened and seeing that yes, their gates have been opened and then going out to investigate only to find me trying to sneak out of the house. So yeah, I went to use the fence instead. One thing I learned that night was that.. you should never ever wear tight jeans when trying to scale a fence. I also learned that.. our fences are really higher than I thought it was. I had to climb on the green bin that MMC had provided everyone in the neighbourhood just so that I could be able to get over the fence and that was how I had hurt my still aching foot. Heh. By landing hard on the other side of the fence. After landing there, I just ran. I ran till I had crossed the road where the traffic lights were. As I was running, I kept looking back.. I kept expecting them to come after me. But they didn't. After I had passed the traffic lights, I started walking. This time, I didn't even look back. I didn't stop walking. I didn't stop or slow down at the thought that this may not be such a good idea. I didn't do all that because.. all I could think of was Rafie. Heh.. about how I just had to see him again. How I just had to say a proper goodbye.

The roads were quite empty although there were still a few cars about.. As I turned down the dark street which leads to Wani's house.. dogs everywhere started barking.. the ones behind fences, held back by their owner's gates and fences just growled and barked fiercely.. the ones on the street just keep following me.. unsure of whether to attack or not.. but they kept barking.. and they kept following me.. one almost tried to bite me. This whole time.. I held the pepper spray close.. ready to be used should something happen. It was so terrifying.. I could hear dogs barking from even several houses away. Already warned that someone is coming. Luckily I made to it Wani's house, a bit shaken but safe. Only when did I arrive at Wani's house did I notice that my hands were bleeding. Must've happened as I was scaling the fence. Those spikes on top had been the cause to my then bleeding hands. In fact, the cuts that were made are still there. They would be gone soon enough though.

We had to be quiet there in Wani's house because her mom is a light sleeper and the slightest noise could wake her up. It was at Wani's house that I realised that I had not brought my house keys with me so I had to use Wani's hp to sms my brother to have my keys ready later when I go pick them up at my ex-school. On my way to Wani's house, Wani called, so I warned her that I wanted to take a shower there, at her house, because I didn't have time to do it at home cos I had to get out of the house sooner than we had planned should we want to pull this off. So then I took my shower there. I didn't even mind that the water was freezing.. just the feel of water running over me.. cooling me down was calming. After I was done with my shower, Wani opened the gates, and we shifted her Kenari into neutral, put down the handbrakes, and pushed her car out of her garage and out onto the road outside, some way away from her house so that when we started the engine, her mom wouldn't be able to hear us. We didn't want to wake her mom up because her mom only thought that we would be leaving for Niah at about 5.30am.

We left Wani's house at 1.30am. The whole time we were in the car headed to Niah, we were at an almost complete utter shock. That we were actually sneaking out of the house. It being our first time and all. What's more, we were headed someplace about 2 hours away from Miri. I feel guilty for always dragging Wani into my many evil schemes but in a way I'm glad that she's there. On our journey there.. the windows kept fogging up.. added to the fact that it was misty.. made the journey quite difficult and Wani wasn't driving the way she usually does. Which I am thankful for. I would've been so nervous if she drove the way she usually does - fast and reckless. Haha. Usually I wouldn't mind because I would know the roads, but this time, I didn't cos I've never been to Niah. Oh well. =)

We arrived at Niah National Park at 3am. We had managed to make it to Niah in only 1 hour and 30 minutes. >:) We're good. Haha. As we drove through the Niah National Park's gates, I saw Rafie.. just standing there.. waiting for us to arrive. Wani drove past him at first and then just stopped her car and said to me "Nah, you go see him first" so I got out of the car and started towards him. Walking pretty fast, no, not running.. and he was also walking towards me fast.. and we just hugged each other.. for quite sometime. Heh.. =) Can't help but smile at the memory of it.. We hugged each other until it just started to hurt cos he was holding me pretty tight that I had to tell him to let go.

After I got out my bag, Rafie led me and Wani to the chalet where he was staying. Heh.. it was so nice to have him hold my hand again.. hmm.. on the way on to the chalet though.. I had accidentally stepped on a snail that was on the trail with my right foot. Eurgh.. poor snail.. at the chalet.. Wani just plopped down onto the couch and went to sleep. Poor Rafie and I.. we both just had to make do with the two-seater while Wani got the three-seater. Rafie and I just sat and talked.. it was just so nice to see him again.. Heh.. after awhile Wani went to sleep in one of the rooms where Rafie was supposed to sleep.. so then Rafie and I moved over to the three-seater instead.. we were just both lying there.. he told me not to fall asleep cos he wanted to keep on talking to me.. cos this was gonna be the last time we're gonna be able to see each other in awhile.. so I said I won't.. at least I tried not to.. but after awhile.. I kinda fell asleep right there in his arms.. heh.. I know I wasn't supposed to fall asleep.. but I couldn't help it.. I just felt so comfortable right there in his arms.. and it was so nice to be waking up to find him still there. Heh.

Soon it was already 7am. The time they were all scheduled to leave. But some of them were still asleep. Including their bus driver so they were delayed. Happy la of course. More time to spend with Rafie.. Hehe.. Oh btw, they didn't manage to go explore the caves and all that because some guy got himself lost and there was a whole search and rescue thing going on at Niah for this guy. Poor XPDC club members.. seems as though nothing they have planned were going their way. Anyways, while walking back out to the carpark from the chalet, I had once again amazingly managed to step on that very same snail I had squished the night before only this time it was with my left foot. -_-" Anyways, whilst waiting for everyone to arrive and get onto their bus.. they all had another group photo taking session. With another 'Welcome to....' sign. As usual. Hehe.. Here's one of me and Rafie.. =)


At Niah.

When the bus started leaving, me and Wani followed from behind. At Niah.. there's this one street with a Shell petrol station on the right and a Petronas petrol station on the left. Right opposite each other. We turned in to the right to fill up our petrol tank and the bus turned in to the left to fill it's petrol tank. Since our car is smaller, we had finished filling out petrol pretty quick. After which Wani then sped off. Then at last minute, I saw Rafie waving to us to stop on our left.. but Wani just kept on going until Rafie called me up on one of his friend's hp and asked us to turn around for awhile.. so we did.. Rafie and I had our last hug there.. Sigh.. =( didn't want him to go.. but I know that would've been ridiculous. Heh.

After awhile, Wani said that her leg was bothering her so I offered to drive for her. We managed to make it back to Miri by about 10am. To which then I quicky sped to Aaron's school, ran in.. ran all the way up to Aaron's class.. grabbed the keys.. and then ran back out to the car and quickly sped back home. I thought I saw my dad's car drive past me on my way back home but luckily, my dad isn't the kinda person to notice people driving on the road. Got back home, found my door still closed so I guess no one bothered checking on me. For which I'm glad. I quickly stashed my bag back up in my room and quickly got all my chores done and by the time my parents got home, no one was the better. =)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafie : I love you, baby. I promise, I'll come back and see you again. Being with you.. was like being able to breath after drowning underwater for so long.

Every moment is etched into my memory. And it will always stay that way. For you are etched into my heart. Forever.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I really hope so, b.. I miss you loads..

10:53 AM  
Blogger me_yasmin said...

*ranting* bloody hell,woman,that was a daring stunt! i hope you dont have to do that again...i shudder to think of trouble you'll be in...

12:04 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

haha.. don't worry, min. I doubt I'll be doing anything like that in quite awhile. or ever. :P

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafie : No, she won't do it. Because she'll finally realise I'm not worth the trouble...

12:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

sounds like a challenge..

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rafie : I suppose it is. Now, about coming to Kuching.... Hehe.

I love you.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home