Sunday, August 14, 2005

dear friendster users

My turn. I know tonnes of other bloggers have also written about his/her friendster's pet peeves. I know it's getting to be boring. But I don't think some points about some friendster users cannot be stressed enough. Like for one..

WhAT ThE fUck dO tHOse reTArDs On FRiEndSter HaVE AbOUt TypINg ThIs WaY?!?!?! WhY?!????!!! DoeS iT SuPpoSedLY SaY SomEThiNg sUpPoseDly pOsITiVe AbOuT tHe pErSon YoU aRE??? OtHer ThaB yOU bEIng inCreDiblY pAtieNt aNd OthER ThAn yOU aRe A FriGgiN rEtArd, oF CouRse! AnD ThAT YoU ARe IN DirE nEeD oF a pRoPEr tYPing LEssoN!! The answer is simple, NO.

And what is with those people who are so obsessed about "collecting" friends. Having multiple accounts and then having to announce in their profiles how many FULL accounts they got on friendster?? How many of your supposedly friends on your list do you really know? What's the point of going around adding people to your friends list only to ignore them forever. Do you really have no real friends that you have to do that? I rather have a few close friends than have a whole bunch of strangers that I can't even talk to.

At least, when people whom I don't know request to be my friend, I do make the effort to try to know them a bit better by dropping them a message. And if you do want to be my friend, it would be better if you had messaged me first before instead having me message you. It's called courtesy. Of course, those I do know, I don't mind if they message me on friendster or not.

Another thing, testimonials. Copy and pasting stupid testimonials with pictures of bears and footprints and what not. -_-" Do you people even know what a testimonial is??!

tes•ti•mo•ni•al

Pronunciation: (tes"tu-mō'nē-ul), [key]
n.
1. a written declaration certifying to a person's character, conduct, or qualifications, or to the value, excellence, etc., of a thing; a letter or written statement of recommendation.
2. something given or done as an expression of esteem, admiration, or gratitude.

adj.
pertaining to or serving as a testimonial: a testimonial dinner for the retiring dean.

- Infoplease.com

You're supposed to be writing about the person you're giving a testimonial to! Understood?!

And then there's that forwarded message about friendster shutting down. Lame. And you all fell for it?

There's so much more I could write about but you're more than likely to have seen it all by now.

*bows*

1 Comments:

Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

Yup yup yup!!

no argument here!

I have some strangers who added me yet never bothered to introduce themselves who they were...
some messaged... and I replied... then no more replies... sheesh..

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home