Friday, July 22, 2005

the amityville horror



Dear Amityville Horror movie,


You've disappointed me so.


Signed,
Disappointed.


Hah. Just got back from watching The Amityville Horror with the other mentors from the camp. Not all of us were there though. Only and Zack Tiang, Roger, Cheryl, GT, Pam, Hiew, and Abel were there. Mel was there for dinner but she could not make it to the movie because she had to go see her family.

It started out with a meeting at campus today at 5pm. I'm gonna be involved in the O-week (orientation week) for the degree program next week. Sigh sigh. No time to rest. I should probably be taking this time to rest. But I'm not. I just finished my exams today. I'm certain to repeat again. I know I'm gonna fail again. I'm so scared of disppointing everyone. Sigh. Next week was supposed to be the one week break before the degree programs starts. If I pass, I'll be going into my 1st year next next week. Meaning that since I'm gonna be busy with orientation next week, I won't be getting any rest at all. And my aunt is coming over from KL tomorrow! Hopefully, I'll have enough time just to spend some time with her. That's all I'm hoping for. My cousins who are living in Singapore would also be coming here next week. Sigh sigh. I wanna spend time with them too.

I wonder.. what people have against the Curtin Volunteers. I personally, never begrudged them before and I still do not have anything against them. Sure, I thought that they were a bunch of really noisy people who liked to always be in the centre of attention, being in the spotlight. I dislike that kinda attitude. But I never hated them for it. But I have to admit, the act they put up, made them seem like they always thought highly of themselves. That they're better than others.

I guess that is why people do not like the CV! (Curtin Volunteers) people. By the way, I never actually did volunteer myself to be a part of these people. You could say I was pulled in when they chose me to MC for Cultural Night and then thought that the Curtin Camp would be a good opportunity to train us. I don't even know if I'm considered a Curtin Volunteer. And now, they want me to also help out with this O-week thing.

A friend asked me today, "Why are you working for Abel??" and I'm like.. "I'm not working for him." After that, he was like, "Yeah! You know.. all these Curtin Volunteers thing.. they call it Curtin Volunteers, but did you know that you all are actually working for him???" Yes, I do realise that. Thank you very much. No, I'm not mad at him. No use getting angry. I do realise that different people would look at these things differently. No matter what you do in this life, they would always be people who would look at you disapprovingly. Anyways, I replied him, "I don't mind anyways.. at least I have fun doing it." And in reply, he said, "Well, you can always have fun in some other ways what!!" Right. Sure, there is always other ways to have fun. But not always, are those other options presented to you. True?

Anyways, after the meeting we all went to Bintang Plaza for dinner at Pizza Hut and then it was off to the movies. Roger kept wanting to take off his spectacles just so that he won't be able to see what was going on screen. Pam was hiding beneath a jacket the whole time. Abel, Hiew, and I thought it was disappointing. That was for sure. Don't know what the couple (GT and Cheryl) thought of the movie though. Hah. I expected more of it because of all the things people were saying about the movie. That it was good lah. That it was scary lah. Skali tengok... sikda pa pa pun.. Not scary enough!! Not scary, at all!!!! I was hoping for a movie that would scare the shit out of me. Damn.

Moving on... I think Cheryl and GT are such a cute couple. Hehe. Kinda jealous.. well, not really. Hah. Just now, they wore matching t-shirts and it was clear that they had both just gone to the hair saloon recently together. Both of them sporting new hairstyles and all that. So adorable. And they're almost always together. So cute. *lets out a wistful sigh*

I know the title of this post was The Amityville Horror but most of this post was not even about the movie. Oh well..

5 Comments:

Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

I still find Amityville Horror quite all right...

but you're the bigger Horror fan...

And yeah... i heard a lot of bad comments about CV... sigh....
what to do kan?

1:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man...i only took down my specs once!!

and that time, i was actually 'cleaning' it!!! hahah

9:46 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

roger: ohhh... "cleaning" it, ha... didn't tell me... i thought you were hiding.. oh, forgive me for my mistake. :P

tiang: yalor.. what to do. whatever la, kan? it's our choice. it doesn't make us any less of a person than we were before. =)

10:37 PM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

right right!!

Just as long as we are not doing anything wrong... and having fun...
why care so much? :D

10:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha..ok ok

Kim forgiven :p

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home