Thursday, September 01, 2005

run for charity 2 (14th August 2005)

The Run For Charity is an annual Jogathon which is organised by Dynasty Hotel as well as the Curtin Volunteers! which aims to raise funds for charity. There is the usual card collections stuff. Uh, yeah.

Okay, anyways, the Run For Charity was supposed to take place on 14th August 2005 at 6am!! Foooohhh!! But we had to be up and have everything ready by 5am! Man. But since the CV! (Curtin Volunteers!) would be helping out with the event, Dynasty Hotel had so nicely provided us with rooms to stay overnight. But they so nicely provided us with four rooms only. Heheh. And there were about... *counts* 26 of us helping out. -_-" Dang!

My mom didn't want to let me stay overnight at first. But after I said, "Well, I just thought it would be better so that I won't have to drive all the way down there so early in the morning." and then there was that pause and then mom said, "Okay, fine. You can go." Heheheh. Oh yes, I also got my brother, Aaron, to help me out so I invited him to stay overnight there with the rest of us. I guess that may be another reason why my mom was fine with me staying over. Cos then my bro would be able to keep an eye on me so that I won't get up to any trouble. Btw, my bro is younger than me. Urgh! And my mom trusts him to keep me out of trouble?? Hahaha!

I'm such a good gal anyways! I could've gone out clubbing, drinking, and what not that night but I decided to stay back at the hotel like a good little trooper and just watch movies on tv. Haha! Cos Gen, Corey, Abel, etc were like, trying to drag me out to go clubbing together with them. But I didn't wanna go. Malaslah. Plus, it's not my kinda scene anyways. Plus plus, I'm waiting for someone who said that that person would bring me out for my first clubbing experience. Lol.

Didn't sleep much that night. When I finally fell asleep while watching Hellboy, my friends woke me up again cos it was nearing the ending. Then when the movie was over, I couldn't get back to sleep!! *sobs* Anyways, did finally manage to get to sleep after awhile. Woke up at 3.30 am! Cos didn't want to have to rebut for the shower. Plus, my friends all got up at like, 3am and they were making a lot of noise. -_-" I'm actually fine with waking up early. And pretty soon, all of us were being all hyper and shit. Damn.


Early that morning. Taken at 5.07am.
People included in the picture are Augustine, Ian, Aaron, me, Roger, and Iqbal.

Then we all went downstairs to the lobby where we were supposed to meet up with everyone. Oh yes, I forgot to mention the reason why I pulled Aaron into helping me out. The reason was because we planned to have body painting as one of the activities there to entertain the kids (if any showed up) whilst the parent(s) were busy with the run. Before that though, we managed to brand some of our own people there with the CV! logo.


Branding people. Muahaha.

My job was to handle one of the checkpoints. My checkpoint was the first one. And we got the easy job of just handing the runners water. And since my checkpoint was the first one, we all got to go back to the hotel early. Muahaha!


Checkpoint duties

So when I got back, I went to help out some of the girls who were in charge of registration & certificate duty. Just helped them find certificates to pass to the runners who had already finished the run. I think the fastest time for one person to have run the whole thing was 3-5 minutes only. If only I could do that too. Btw, the whole race was 10-20 km long. Depending on which category you were in. Not bad, eh.



After everyone had completed the race, it was then time for the prize-giving ceremony. And the prizes.. man... they gave away so much money that I have to wonder if they actually managed to gain enough money for charity or did they lose out? Oh well, none of my concern. I was only there to help out so that the whole event ran smoothly.


CV! Family. Can you spot me? I'm the one in the picture with the sweetest smile. Haha!

After the event, we all went for our Appreciation Lunch which Dynasty Hotel had prepared for us as a way to say thank you for helping out. Heheh. Then met one of our Curtin Camp '05 mentees there! He was working there and he was so happy to see his mentors from the camp again. And it was great seeing him too. Man, I miss my mentees.. =( He was one of the kids who was in the monkey group during the camp.

After the lunch, everyone went back to their hotel rooms and crashed. Everyone went back to sleep again. Haha. Cos those who went clubbing didn't even get any sleep at all. The others either didn't get enough sleep or were just tired out from the day.


Zzzzzzz...

4 Comments:

Blogger ALANTSH said...

er.... seems like u guys have so much fun there... luckily i've sign up for CV! too. got any activities recently?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

well, recently we had the 48th independence day celebration.. if you see at ME lab.. got the paper on the door near the elevator. ground floor. haha.

next activity we're gonna have is the Curtin Carnival. nyeh. heheheh. have the CV! ppl contacted you?

3:02 PM  
Blogger ALANTSH said...

no oh. so sad.... hehe

3:21 PM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

No worries, Alan.

There'll be other events to come.

Just be sure to keep yourself updated with upcoming events around Curtin! ^_^

it feels great going back to those times again.. haha!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home