Monday, August 22, 2005

cultural night (12th July 2005)

Cultural Night! The reason why I had to become a mentor for the Curtin Camp '05. The camp was just training for me and the other selected MCs.


MC Kim.

Hehee. That was me that night. I edited the picture, of course. Cos I look horrible in pictures. Muahaha. Oh yes. The afternoon of the Cultural Night, we all, the other camp mentors and I, went to Carol Hair Saloon for a makeover. Aarrggghhh!!! Which wasn't too bad actually. Hehehe. Click HERE for pictures that I took of everyone after their makeovers. Not bad, eh? Hehehe. Everyone said I looked nice. But I've no idea. I thought I looked pretty bad. *cringe* And odd. But everyone else looked so different from usual. Gorgeous! Pretty. Handsome. Very nice lah. We had to be the best looking people there that night. ;) Oh yes, we invited our mentees from the camp to Curtin's first ever Cultural Night too.




I was to perform my Jive and this time, we decided, instead of just dancing, we would incoperate (is this the right word to use?) a little sketch into the dance. ;) The rest of my groupmates from Moral Studies had been practising on their own while I was busy and away with the Curtin Camp '05. Then, during the camp, since managed to meet up with Tiang and Roger again, I asked them if they would be willing to help out to be extra dancers for the dance since we needed more people anyway. =) They accepted. In the end, there were too many boys. One extra boy without a gal partner anyway. And that's how we came up with the idea of having a sketch which would be done by Tiang, Roger, and I.

It starts out like this. The other couples would be dancing in the background. Just to set the atmosphere of a ballroom or dancespot or whatever. I would be standing alone in the middle. Nobody wanted to dance with me. =( Then Roger comes along and asks me for a dance. Yay. ^_^ Then bad boy Tiang cuts in! And steals me away. *crowd cheers/boos/awws* and Roger is left all alone and this Roger buat bodoh a bit lah. Like, he doesn't realise that another guy had just stolen his dance partner and continues dancing alone. Then, he suddenly notices that I'm gone and looks to his left and notices me already dancing with another guy. So Roger then positions himself, gets ready, and trips Tiang! Muahaha. *crowd laughs/applaud/cheer* Tiang falls, and Roger takes my hand and pulls me over to one side and we both start dancing again. Then comes this one part where Roger would swing me out and then Tiang would grab my arm and start pulling at me to try get me back but Roger would also be pulling on the other side. And they both would keep pulling until suddenly I trip and fall. Then.. suddenly.. both of them starts laughing and pointing at me! Then they put their arms around each others' shoulders and walk off leaving me on the ground with a shocked expression on my face!! *crowd laughs*

Haha. And that's basically my group's performance for the night. :P There were also other interesting performances. For example, the Iban Tattoo Group (Gen's group) coming all the way from Sarawak. They all did a fashion show sort of thing. They all came out wearing jackets and stuff and they would each start taking off their clothing (not all lah, alright??) revealing the various tribal tattoos each of them had. They all had used markers to tattoo themselves earlier that day. Hehehe. Then there was also the Bamboo dance, from the Philippines. Which was simply so much fun to watch. Very energetic. Performed by McK's (who's Philipino) group. Then there was also a group that performed a Chinese Wedding Ceremony (from China) which I never got to watch cos I was always outside the lecture theatre at the time cos my group were to perform next but heard that it was good. Or I could hear from outside that it was a good performance. :P Oh yes, and there was also the Matador Group coming all the way from Spain! Hahaha. This one was funny. They had a guy tie his front hair to look like horns and they had him running around the lecture theatre like a bull konon. :P The act was just hilarious!! What else eh? Oh.. and then there's also the Karate Group from Japan!!! This group was also funny. Since they all didn't actually learn karate, they had to pretend they did. When they demonstrated cutting a board into pieces, they used this one thin, small, tiny, little plank. Yet they still acted like it was the toughest thing in the world to do and acted very macho after that. Hahaha. Just so funny. Then there was also the Halloween Fashion Show.. fuyoh!! Very very very nice. Whoever made those costumes was fantastic. Will post up some pictures when I manage to get a few. The show ended with the International Fashion Show where they had different costumes from different countries. They had costumes from China, Korea, India, Philippines, etc. Nice! *thumbs up*

After the show was over, all the foundation students went home immediately while we mentors hung out with our mentees that had managed to make it that night. Damn, foundation students are no fun! Cos they didn't even want to dance with us but all our mentees did. Then our mentees continued taking pictures with us.. Dennis our star, stayed back and played the piano for us, Abel sang along with him, everyone else either mingled around, took pictures, or danced. =) I just love those kids. They're such sports and much more fun than most of the Curtin students who seems to have forgotten how to have fun. Muahaha. Okay, that's all.



4 Comments:

Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

totally missed those days.. haha..

and you forgot one more..

the Winter's Soulstis thing.. wrong spelling.. but pronounciation ALLMOST like that!
hahaha!

6:41 PM  
Blogger KiMMerLiCiouS said...

sooo good.. u guys had fun.. my sch's boring~ sigh~

12:42 AM  
Blogger KiMMerLiCiouS said...

I really like ur MC KIM pic.. very nice~~ hehehe

6:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

i didn't write about winter solstice cos i said "there were other interesting performances" heheh. sorry pei ee. -_-"

thanks, kym! eh, your school also got interesting stuff bah. got ur prom leh.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home