Friday, December 02, 2005

longhouse visit – 9th November 2005

Barely slept the night before cos it was either I was too excited about our trip to the longhouse or I was too stupid and lost track of time again and ended up barely sleeping. Muahaha. At least it made sure that I was able to wake up on time. Unlike some people….. *cough cough* Azie *cough cough* Jimmy. Heheheh.


Running out of the house, wet hair and all.

Wani came round at 7.30am to pick me up from my house first. Then we went over to Azie's place to pick her up. And guess what. She just woke up. Aduh aduh. But it's okay. =) So we waited for her. When she was done, we all made our way to campus.

We all went to campus to check out the bus number plates since we won't be following the bus to the place. The place being Rumah Panjang Entulang. Why not you ask? Well, cos the rest of them would be staying over and well, my mom would not let me stay overnight. =( As for Azie and Wani, it's cos it was puasa month so they weren't comfortable having to stay overnight. As for Jimmy, he was just a sissy. Heh heh.


Camera whores. Me, Azie, Wani.

Anyways, saw the other people there wearing the new CV! t-shirt. Started panicking. Like, how come we don't have those t-shirts too?? Are we really a part of the group going to the longhouse?? Before, Mr Abel said that we're not allowed to go unless we stay overnight. Wani, Azie, and I had already given up on the idea of going after we heard him saying that. But Jimmy was just too persistant in us going. No idea why? Heh. Anyways, later on Jimmy said that they're allowing us to come along. So, okay.. go only lor.

Anyways, Azie, Wani, and I then went to find Tiang to pay him for the trip. Since we won't be staying overnight, we didn't have to pay the full price. After that, we left campus to go pick Jimmy up. Went all the way to Taman Tunku where his house was. Stopped by the nearby Servay to pick up some junk food (which we all ended up not taking) for the trip over.


We saw a lot of trees on the way over.

Then we drove down to LAKU where we waited for the buses. We did not have to wait for long. Good for us. Heheh. So followed them from behind. Finally, we arrived at the place, we turned into this dirt road where there was a sign saying that further in is Rumah Panjang Entulang. However, we had to wait by the main road because our CV! President, Daryll How got a flat tyre. While waiting, we also changed into the new CV! shirts which we all got eventually.


Where's our president??

Eventually he came along. While waiting for him I went up to Tiang and talked to him. Asked him what Mr Abel thought of us tagging along eventhough we were not gonna stay overnight. And he said, "Actually, Mr Abel doesn't really care about you guys." ....... so kejam... Ouch. That hurt.

Have to tebalkan muka more now. Now that I know we are not welcomed. So we went along the dirt road which seemed to stretch forever. I guess it's cos we all just couldn't wait to get to the place. We got there soon enough. Before we all died from excitement. I've never been to a real longhouse before you see. Plus, I love exploring new places. So yeah, I couldn't wait to get there!


We're finally here!!

We then proceeded to the longhouse where they had a welcoming ceremony just for us. I'm not gonna go into the details cos I didn't get to witness the welcoming ceremony properly. Was just too far back to see anything. =( For a more detailed version, go to Zack Tiang's page.


Kak Deb is getting impatient. (Sabar is translated as patience)


Welcoming ceremony with the village elders.


Tuak, Ask For More.

I got my first taste of tuak, which is also known as rice wine, there. And it wasn't so bad. The first one I had anyway. Cos it was just so nice and sweet. The one I had after that was not as sweet but it was not so bad either. They just kept offering us glass after glass of tuak. *shakes head*

We then headed into the house for a 2nd welcoming ceremony. Heheh.


The loooooooooong corridor.


One of the little boys that lives at the longhouse. I took this pic, okie? Not Wani. Tsk tsk. She's just trying to claim the glory.


The second welcoming ceremony.


I think Tiang called it a Miring session.

After that, we all walked over to the village school to have lunch which they had prepared for us. Yum yum! But before that, we took some group pictures! After that, it was off to work. I volunteered to help out with the mural painting.


The school's arch.


Paintings from students past.


Lousy group picture.


Oh, the embarrassment. At the expense of you guys. L to R: Tiang, Me, Azie.


First you eat.


Then you poop. (Translated: "Teacher, may I go to the toilet?)


Here's the mural, before we ruined it.


Ruining it.


Stop staring at my ass. Hahahahahaha.


One of the cikgu (teachers) had to close his eyes to avoid temptation. Hiak hiak hiak. Nolah, he was just pretending to be shy. Cuteeeeeeee!


This baby was cute too! And I'm putting this pic up just cos I can. And cos I can't resist babies. She and Iqbal were both making faces at one another.


While we painted, some slept. This is just one of them. Vijay.


The sleeping live their lives on the edge! Btw, Iqbal was just dancing and tried to step on Vijay's head but missed.


Other sleepyheads. Left: Mr Benet Leong, our Student Council president. Middle: Jimmy, sissy. Heheheh. Right: Hiro, our Japanese friend.

And well, we didn't finish the painting. Cos we all just either got bored or tired. Heheh.. plus, it was hard painting that thing.... everyone else got distracted and one by one went off to either play soccer or basketball leaving a small handful of us to finish up the painting. Which we didn't do either. Heheheh. The small handful of us are Alan, Wani, Azie, Tiang, and I.

After that it was dinner time. We went back to the longhouse to freshen up and then it was back to the school kitchen for dinner. The food was fab. Yum. After that, it was time to go back home. Heheheh.. it was already about 7-8pm by the time we left. Hung out at Jimmy's place for a bit cos Wani was in dire need of a toilet. *shakes head* Btw, Alan followed us back cos he saw that all of us were not going to stay overnight so he decided he did not want to stay back either. Haih.

While we were there, I used Jimmy's pc whilst the rest of them had a few rounds of UNO. Was actually in a hurry to get back so that I can call Mark to tell him that I was home. But he called first. While I was still at Jimmy's house.

Anyways, right before we were to leave, I found this dead cicak or gecko on Jimmy's rattan mat in his living room. Then Azie picked it up and started waving it about in my face!! Ewwwwwwww..... I screamed!! Or at least.. as close to a scream as I could get cos I can't really scream. It's not that I'm afraid of geckos.. they're just so disgusting.. ew ew ew. With their brown soft bodies... and tails that can come off... and their icky heads. Yucks. But nooooooooooo..... Azie didn't just stop there. I took off running and she chased me with that stupid cicak still in her hand!!!!!! How can she TOUCH that thing?! What's worse, I was wearing socks, so there were a couple of times where I slipped and almost killed myself but noooooooo.... that was not enough for Azie. No, oh no, oh no. At one time, while I was regaining my balance from another slip, she decides to fling that stupid cicak at me! And I ducked like it was a matter or life and death. I swear I almost cried. I was terrified!!! Yes, I'm terrified of geckos, alright? I have a phobia with geckos. =(

Went home after that.. with Azie who kept trying to touch me with that hand which held the stupid cicak. Stupid cicak!! Stupid Azie. =(

Reached home after 11pm. Close to midnight. The end.

--------------------

Other people who wrote about the Longhouse Visit:

Wani - Longhouse Visit

The Hybrid - Memories back at the longhouse

--------------------

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahaha...russel peters!! do u want to eat?

11:16 AM  
Blogger ALANTSH said...

actually kim tasted the cicak...hehehaha

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

helmy: waduh.. what kinda comment is that..

anonymous: hehehehe.. smart boy/gal!! *pat pat*

alantsh: ure mean.

1:33 PM  
Blogger ALANTSH said...

good imagination for those photo conversation.... thumbs up...

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

That longhouse looks familiar.. hmm... I visited a longhouse when I was 12. And I tuak when I was 12. Whahah. I had tuak before yOU! heheh. Love the captions for the photos and the little bubble conversations. Very funny! And Gecko's are disgusting... but I hate cockroaches more. Evil roaches.

12:57 AM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

7th

Lol i took that pic la...kan u and azie were still behind me....then after i took that pic i went back to walk with u guys coz i walked too far ahead..nyeh!

Hahah my word verification is yoink

1:23 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

jillian: it's not my fault that i never had a chance to try tuak before this..... =( *sniff sniff* and i still think lizards are worse.

waniduckie: i took that pic la! i even remember how i took it. i shot that pic from the hip. chewah. while we were all walking down the corridor! u and azie were in front of me when i snapped that pic!! before that u had gone in the longhouse first mah.. me and azie still outside. then u came back, then i took the camera as we walked down the corridor. i snapped the pics of the corridor, the students, and the little boy. when we reached the end, i passed the camera back to you. ingat tak?

10:00 AM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

Aih i also remembered clearly how i took those pictures..u didnt get hold of the camera until we all sit down sit one line....im serious here...hahhahaa adeh

6:39 PM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

adeh nvm lah...come to think of it...i guess both of us will still argue about it and it will never end....hahaha no point bah its over anyway...hahaha let our memory puaskan hati kita masing2 kekekeke

Word verification : kuekahagg <--lol

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home