Thursday, December 01, 2005

my world just got smaller

After I had my shower this morning, I turned on the radio in my room. My radio is set to Capital FM. Instead of hearing the usual tunes they would be playing, they were playing some weird ass songs!! Something that sounded like it came from Naruto. I just assumed that it was either some kinda commercial or maybe there was a competition going on. The song finally (it was a long song) finished playing and then there was a voice with a local accent that came on the radio saying, "Please be informed that all previous services on this channel has been discontinued." Huh?? What?? What's going on?? But maybe it was some kinda mistake.. have faith.. have faith..

Later that afternoon, on my way to campus, I switched my radio to Capital FM, same thing. Oh no, oh no. Then I switched my car radio to Capital Gold. And it was playing the same thing that was on Capital FM. Oh sobs..

Why are they discontinueing Capital Radio? I'm heartbroken. Heh heh. (Laughing it off cos I'm trying not to overreact. Have faith, have faith.)

Not like I have anything against local radio, okay? It's just that I prefer listening to London radio. Maybe cos when compared, the difference is too great.

Anyways, just wanted to know, what's going on??

Please bring back our Capital Radio... please please please. I still want to be able to brag to my non-mirian friends how we get London Radio and they don't. Don't let this poor young girl's dreams die.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the same thing happened to me in Miami a year ago with my beloved Zeta FM (a one time local rock station). One night they just vanished into thin air and started playing (I kid you not) Spanish rap.

I too was heartbroken. Since then I just you know, not listen to anything. It sucks...

Either way, go dial surfing. Maybe you'll find something you like...

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sucks, i know. it happened to me too. I just found out about it last night. Ah! I miss capitalfm...sob sob..ah, its ok. can always go to http://capitalfm.com/ if too desperate to listen to capitalfm. hehe.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf?!
u mean they shut down capitalfm?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit.

11:35 AM  
Blogger KiMMerLiCiouS said...

F**K.. u were right~ kenny G song.. damn gay la.. stupid.. sian.. argh!!

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

calm down girl. local stations ain't that bad. seriously. i've nvr been exposed to other countries' radio stations before i went to miri. all i know is the local ones. and believe me, we're pretty good. look at hitz.fm... they now have they're own tv channel! maybe miri will now have hitz.fm, mix.fm and light&easy etc...

12:03 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Zahid: spanish rap? hahaha. poor thing. but hey, how long did the channel last after that?

annonymous: hahaha.. guess what. i do. lol. only when i'm desperate!!

stef: i reacted the same way. =(

hot_property: told you so!!! don't believe me??!! hah! *hearbroken*

nysa: well... the reason why we're the only ones who got the station is that it's broadcasted from brunei and since miri is close enough.. heheheh... ;) u get the idea. so i doubt they would start broadcasting all those other channels to replace capital radio. sad sad.

i just want to know why they did it though.. did the sultan of brunei decide to listen to that radio station one day and got offended just cos they spoke english or what? heheh.. i pity the bruneians. the place is boring, they've banned alcohol, and now they've taken away their only good radio stations.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Just switching on the car radio the other day. And suddenly poof! No more Capital FM! A sad day. They have funny accents... :( Sniff

12:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

jillian: who has funny accents? the bruneians or the londoners?

sob sob.. and still, no one knows for sure why they discontinued it. =(

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home