Sunday, January 08, 2006

position available

Blogging again for the sake of nothing. You all know friendster, right? Of course you do! Well, recently, out of the blue, random people have been adding and messaging me on friendster! Not that I'm bragging or anything.. cos I'm not. And it's scary. Like, why this sudden boom?? Like, what?! My profile is nothing interesting, I haven't even updated anything in months. I still have one of those default URLs. My "About Me" must be at least a few years old by now.

Fact is, I don't even use it much. So why now? Weird.

I wanna approve these people cos I feel bad.. and like, what if I really do know them and it's just that I forgot??? I haven't really had time to filter out my friend requests. Last I checked, there are 115 pending requests..

But I don't wanna approve them either cos I don't want my friendster account to become like some bullshit account where most of the people in your friends list are not actually your friends!! For example, my myspace account! But then again, most myspace accounts are bullshit anyway. So it's okay that my account there is a bullshit one too. Hehe.

I want my friendster to have my real friends. But.. what if you make friends with all those people? Hmmm. We'll see. Maybe I would do that. Then I won't feel so bad. But all 115 of them? And possibly more?? (Cause they may be some that have just messaged me first before requesting to be my friend) Here's proof (see right). Btw, I usually reply to every single message I get (except for useless forwarded messages, which I delete. Heh heh) and then save my sent messages so I'd know how many I have replied and what not. So, from the diagram, it's easy to see that I have about 300 plus messages that I haven't read nor replied.

Hey, maybe.. Is someone out there playing some really elaborate practical joke on me?? :'( It's not funny, ok? =( It's pretty amazing, I must admit! But seriously. Hahaha. Would anyone even go to such lengths for me?? I doubt it. So that can't be it.

Ah well. Eh, anyone kind enough to be my secretary for friendster? You could sort through my mail, filter out my friend requests, maybe even reply some of my messages! I'll even pay you! In (cereal flakes/dandruff flakes/eraser waste/fish bones/(things of equal or lower value)) that is. =) Anyone?

Actually, the real reason why I'm blogging about this is to find out if anyone else other than me also kena this sorta thing recently so that I'd know that it's not just me. Please let it be not just me.. =(

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well we're on the same boat here.
are ur friend requests often unknown guys? cuz mine are.

and i guess it's prolly ur photos, they look nice bah.seriously. that's y ppl wanna add u i tink.

n mebe it's ur "virtual" personality? am i making sense here? god...

i usually jz delete those unknown ppl who request for an addition. unless they look familiar, i'l msg them 1st to comfirm whether i've met them or wtv.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

lol. but the thing is, my pics have been there for so long ody and it rarely happened before. and then suddenly one day, i get tens of messages/fren requests. :-/ waarggh!!

good to know it's not just me. haha. now i won't feel so bad about deleting them. heheheh...

2:22 PM  
Blogger Nisa said...

You're not alone. Even when I put a warning there "I DON'T add strangers. Stay away.". It's like they couldn't read or turned temporarily blind at that part.

I noticed when I went to their profiles (cuz of course I wanna figure out who the heck they are) some I can't view profile, some (guys la) have so many girls of all age and race and nationality in their friends list! Eugh.

But since my status is not single anymore, ppl are not that prone to add me. Some still do for some strange reasons tho. -roll eyes-

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cewah nisa, u just love mentioning abt ur status, dun cha? hehehe. lovin it? (uh huh).
isnt it nice to see a lil change on ur profile in frenster? =)

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 135 messages in my inbox but I only replied 20. I don't really use this stuff.

steff: ummm i nvr really tot abt it actually. i was just stating. haha. it's just friendster... heh.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

ahahaha.. yearps, that was nysa's subconcious bragging. ;) lol. so cute. lol. and yeah, that's sort of why i changed my status as well. so that they won't bother me as much. heheheh.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

WAH. 115 people adding you all at once? Just delete them. they won't feel a thing. 'cause lots of them probably don't remember that they added you! Friendster spamming people...

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home