Thursday, December 15, 2005

signs of aging

Woke up early yesterday morning to get ready for a facial appointment at 9.30am. The little princess (my little sister), Andy took her time. As usual. She's only 7 and already she takes her time getting ready. We finally managed to leave the house at 9.10am. Drove over to Mark's house to pick him up cos he wanted to accompany me to the facial thing at Dermalogica. No no, he did not for a facial as well. He just sat there, reading a book I lent him. Roald Dahl, btw, and a collection of some of his short stories. And he's loving it too. I'm just so proud.

Anyways, arrived at Dermalogica at about 9.35am. Not too late. Lucky me. Left Mark and Andy outside at the main waiting area while I went back into one of the back rooms where they did the facials. (I'm saying facial so many times I'm shuddering while I'm typing this) When I got into the rooms, one of the ladies that worked there asked, "Is that your husband waiting for you outside?" Whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!!!?! Hahahahahaha! Wait, does that mean I look old??! Anyways, I replied her, "WHAT??!! My husband's outside??! But my boyfriend's outside!!" Wahahaha! Naw, just kidding, kay. I just started laughing really nervously. I was wondering if I actually looked that old, okay?! And said, "Nah, I'm too young to be married."

It would have been fun to see her reaction if I had said what I mentioned earlier instead though. After the facial, walking back towards the car, I told Mark about what happened and we both had a good laugh. He said that I looked good for someone who had bore a child. Mark didn't look that old either. He looks younger than his age, actually. So we came to the conclusion that it wasn't our fault that that lady made the assumption that we were married but that it was all Andy's fault for just being around. Haha.

After that, we all headed to Parkson to have lunch at McDonald's where my parents suprised us by just showing up without warning to join us for lunch. After lunch, my parents headed off for work whilst the rest of us stayed back to try watch The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. Yes, try. Try because our last two attempts to try go watch that movie only ended in failure. The first time, we were late to the cinema so we decided not to watch it. The second time, the cinema was totally full so we ended up watching Zatura instead.

Yes, The Chronicles of Narnia may be about a journey, but it itself is a journey. Chewah!! The movie only started at 2pm but we bought our tickets extra early this time just in case. We bought them at 1pm and we just headed to the bookstore to kill time. Found a book on Indian Head Massage. Tried it out on Mark cos Andy is just too ticklish and kept squirming away. Hehehe. Well, he liked it. I guess the book works. Either that or I'm just good. Haha.

So, how was the movie? It was great! Well, from what I saw anyway. Even with those annoying chinese girls that chattered away throughout the entire movie, I enjoyed the movie. Some people really do not have any manners. If you want to talk, why waste money coming into the cinema to chat? Might as well just go to some kopitiam (coffee shop) somewhere and talk there! Cheaper!!! Sure, the seats may not be as comfortable but at least if you made noise there, no one would mind! No one would be cursing and swearing under their breaths at you. Pfft!

Anyways, did you know that Aslan meant Lion in Turkish? Just a random fact about the movie. Sad to say, I never read the books. I'm sure that the books were better though. I'm kinda glad that I have not read the books cos then I was able to enjoy the movie.

After that, deposited Andy off at home and rushed to campus where I had an interview with my lecturer at 4.30pm. The movie only ended at about 4.05pm. Which didn't leave me with much time. Hahaha. Managed to make it though. Phew!

Hung out at Mark's friend's house till about 6.30pm. And he was so nice as to give me a stack of his Magic the Gathering cards. Cos they're worth nothing to him. No, I don't play. Don't know how to. He just gave them to me cos I liked them plus he had tonnes of them in his house. Everywhere you looked, there would be some more cards! Hehehehe. So nice of him. Anyways, I liked his friends. They're all good fun.

Sent Marky home, then went out for dinner with family to Bavaria. Then home again.

Btw, just wanna apologise for the lack of pictures in my recent posts. So pissed right now cos it feels like I'm on dial up all over again!!! My internet for the past few days have not been behaving very well. I can't upload pictures cos they take too long. Hopefully, this problem would be gone by the time I get back from my holidays.

(Still just blogging to release stress)

Tata.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the fact that I know how to play Magic the Gathering make me a nerd?

Wait a second, I think I know the answer to this: yes Zahid, it does make you a nerd. A huge one really.

Anyways, once upon a time (about a year ago) I used to work at a cinema as an Usher. Worst time of my life. I'll comment on it sometime when it isnt 12:07 am (My time at least).

Anyways, i wanna see King Kong. Anything involving Peter Jackson, Jack Black and Naomi Watts just has to be good. Hey, if you happen to come across one of those great bootlegs that are so common in your neck of the woods, be sure to send it this way o_-

1:10 PM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

OMG kim!! I had the same experience as u concerning about the husband n wife thing. Wrote about it in my blog...juz wait for me to post ya...hehehe

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Zahid: Yes Zahid, it makes you a nerd. A huge one. I'd like to be one too. Lol. Just wish I knew how to play. Ooh, yes. I wanna watch it too. My friends tell me it's good. Well, it better be. Hahaha! I'm sure they're already out. I don't really buy as much DVDs as other ppl here do though. So, I'm not sure. But it shud be out already. hahaha!

waniduckie: errr... you? Wahahahaha. Still waiting for any new entries on ur blog! But never seen any. :P

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home