Tuesday, January 03, 2006

singapore

Packing

The day that we were supposed to leave for Singapore (16th December) was the day that I started packing. Saddened by the fact that Mark would not be able to make it for this trip, I delayed my packing so that I would be able to spend more time with him. Chewah. Haha. So I only started packing at 1am, (just being the procrastinator that I know I am) and finished packing an hour later. Amazingly! I thought I would've taken more time than that!! Slept and was then woken up by my mother banging on my door at 7am? Called Mark to say bye and then it was off to the airport! Of course, I showered and all that before leaving lah!!!


My sister, Andy and I, in the car, on the way to the airport.


The journey over


This is the executive lounge at Miri Airport.


Barry and I, sharing a seat belt in the airplane. Safety first!


Kuching Airport's executive lounge. (Miri's was way better. Heh heh heh.)


Listening to the iPod while at the lounge.


Bye bye, Kuching!!


Au revoir, Kuching!


Some pictures require no words.


Look at all the pretty clouds.


Heaven's plains.


Airplane food.


Selamat datang ke Singapura.


Phroar, Singapore!


I take very pretty pictures. One of the golf courses in Singapore.


It winked at me. As if saying, "Welcome to Singapore!" Damn, you won't feel welcomed till you hear it from a building.


Duh Crib

I stayed at my aunt's place in a condominium called Lucky Towers. Lucky or not, I'm not too sure. But that place sure is lucky enough to have a great view.







Those are what you might see living on the 19th floor of a condominium. ;)

Oh, and check it, my cousin's rig! That's ghetto geek speak for "Check out my cousin's computer"


That's Greg playing WoW (World of Warcraft) on my cousin, Alex's (the one on the floor with Andy sitting next to him), computer.


The Streets of Singapore

A few hours after arriving in Singapore and already my cousins drag me out. Not that I'm complaining. Just wished Mark could've been around. We all took a cab to go over to Far East Plaza where we all went to pay a visit to Inoki, this CD store which sells second hand CDs, new CDs, posters, t-shirts, and all that jazz. It could be a rocker's paradise. Then we went down to the basement to buy some food for my cousin who slept through lunch. Muahaha.


The cousin that slept through lunch, Min.


Art on the Streets of Singapore

That day, there were artworks being displayed all along the walkway. For some awareness thing, but I forgot what it was. =( What I liked about it other than the beauty of the pictures was how they displayed the artwork so that the blind would be able to see them and not miss out. The artwork displayed were photographs of the world. The amazing, the unusual, the special, basically, the beauty of our earth.





In the pictures above, you'll see a black and white picture, those are carvings made from the original picture (the one towards the left) so that the blind may be able to feel and see the pictures. There were descriptions about the pictures provided in I'm-not-too-sure-what-language-that-one-is, English, and braille.

More artworks being displayed:








Seperated

After that, everyone basically split up. Greg and Alex both went off to a Cyber Cafe, Min went off with her friends, which leaves both Aaron and I alone. So! We decided to go check out Toys 'R' Us. Awww.. we're all still little kids on the inside.


Aaron and I played dress up. Ahahahahaha! :blush:

After that, we all made our way back to Borders where we had all agreed to meet up at for dinner. Had chinese.


The Nutcracker


I don't know about you guys, but I'm up to trying anything at least just once. All except those life threatening diseases such as AIDS or HIV. Heh heh. So I went together with my mom, Andy, and Grace to see a ballet at Esplanade on Sunday, the 18th of December. We went to watch The Nutcracker. =)



We weren't allowed to take any pictures while the ballet was going on so that's the only good shot I managed to take before the show begun. How was it? It was fine. The costumes, the set, the dancers, they were all fantastic. But overall, it was just fine to me.

Esplanade is a really cool building which frankly looks like humongous durians. Luckily, the place didn't smell like durians which was a good thing, I suppose. Cos durians that size would most likely stink up the whole of Singapore!


Esplanade


And durians! Oooohh... yummy... yum yum yum.


Inside Esplanade.


Outside Esplanade. Isn't the view just great? Can you spot the Merlion?


Stupid Random Shots

This is what you get when you mix boredom, stupidity, and a digicam altogether. Some stupid random shots.


Bunny love!! Sho cuteeeee...


Rather amusing name for a shop. Should check it out sometime, eh eh eh?? ;)


Singapore is just so damn crowded. I dislike crowds. Grr!!


Aww.. isn't this one just adorable?


Freak. Who says I can't still play around in department stores. I'm still young at heart, you know?


This is what you call poop.


Books galore! Isn't this just a fantastic shot?


That's my brother, Jason. Heh heh heh.


There's a fly on your head, Greg, don't move!!


In the act of kicking my brother out of the window.


Chatting up James Dean.

And oh no, it doesn't just stop there. There's a video as well!



And well, that's it for now. I haven't blogged about Orchard Road yet, I know. Be patient, you young'uns.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nisa said...

Seeing all those tall buildings from the condominium made me feel lonely. Sure the night shot is beautiful. I dunno. I nvr like big cities with lots of skyscrapers. When I go walking around eg. Jln Bintang, I felt claustrophobic. And damn lonely.

Oh I wish I have a screen as big as that to play WoW.

Lovely, lovely pics! And the silly pics that you took. Love it! =) That video is funny. Mmg takde kerja la korang nih. Haha.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

yahaha. thank kiu. yeah, i don't exactly like big cities either. but then again, there's no place like home. =) lol. i wish i had a screen like that too! grr!

and i don't suppose you're talking about the jalan bintang in miri. ahhahaa.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home