Wednesday, February 08, 2006

the shopaholics

Today I went out with Wani and Azie to watch The Shopaholics. It's this Cantonese movie about duh.. shopaholics. It's a comedy and the story revolves mainly around a shopaholic lady named Fong Fong Fong who's been sacked from several various jobs because of her shopping addiction, who is also deeply in debt.

She then seeks help from a doctor named Choosey and ends up working for him when his current helper goes into labour and her first session with him turns into a job interview. The movie audience is then introduced to a whole bunch of other wacky characters, all with some sort of mental disorder all caused from the stress of living in a city. All also with an array of very weird names. Well, at least they gave them very odd names in the subtitles. :P I don't understand Cantonese, kay.


Marriage day scene from The Shopaholic

I won't give the whole story away. I know it sounds kind of lame from what I'm saying but it's really a fun movie to watch which also got a lot of laughs from me. Just one thing, if you do decide to watch this movie, check out the marriage day scenes. It's hilarious. :P You're all welcome to download the trailer here. But seriously, the trailer doesn't do the movie much justice.

------------------------------

On a more depressing note, I've been feeling rather down lately.

Thinking about how I'm just gonna be checking out my exam results on friday and seeing how I am most likely going to fail all my subjects.

Am chatting to a friend online right now. He's also just gotten his exam results. He has only failed one subject and is devastated. Probably cos he grew up being very smart and he's never failed an exam before.

It's only just reminding me of what I'm about to go through.. I must have faith, I know. I should pray that I will make it through.. but lately, it seems that I've been having nothing but bad luck. Just today, I fell down in a parking lot and scraped my knee. It's almost as if I should just give up and submit to my fate.

Have faith, have faith.. pray, pray..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watched this movie with jasmine, but i find it kinda boring and all. but towards the end it was fine i guess haha.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

hmm.... maybe i'm dillusional. ehehehe. wait, i am. ahaha!

i did get a mighty serious headache after the marriage scene though.... -_-"

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home