Saturday, April 15, 2006

shit happened today

Today was not a very good day. Sorta got into a car accident. Nothing major. Just some really minor accident. My car's rear right door is now slightly dented and scratched. How did it happen? Basically, some guy backed his van into my car without even checking his mirrors first. So yeah, his fault. Not mine.

I don't want to discuss that matter any further. Cos it basically ruined my day. Of course, dad is pissed at me. Sigh.

Fucking Miri drivers.

All I remember is my dad and that old man arguing and me having to turn away when the tears started falling. I hate people fighting and arguing. I don't know why.. but it gets to me, a lot.

After it was all over and the guy left and just before my dad drove away back home, I was sitting in my car when my dad came up, opened the door and said to me about having to be a defensive driver and that he doesn't care who is wrong and who is right in this case. I wonder why is that the only times I get to hear my dad speak are times such as these.

I cried while he was saying all that. I couldn't help it as much as I tried to hold it back. I tried biting my lip, looking away, just to hold it back. Didn't work. It's almost as if, ever since that accident happened up till then, I've been holding back all my emotions as much as I could. And finally it all came out. I was innocent but still felt guilty. I'm sorry.

I know I'm a defensive driver. It's just that he rarely gets to see me drive. Sigh. Even when you're a defensive driver, you know, shit happens. And it happened to me today.

Mark was such a sweetheart to call me up from work to say some reassuring words when I was a crying mess.

Let's just hope that this issue would be resolved quickly. The tension's getting to me..

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope everything's okay. chin up, k?

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ruffles hair*
At least you're still around in a piece...

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I hate people fighting and arguing. I don't know why.. but it gets to me, a lot."

Me too... I cringe whenever anyone raises or shows absolutly any anger in their voices.

But I don't cry... not in public at least

6:12 AM  
Blogger Willow said...

i wish i could say sth to cheer u up, but i know it's not that easy to do. cz ive been there too.

but i hope u'll feel a lil bit better soon =) hugs...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

thanks all. am better. just needed some time to get over it and for everyone to cool off, i guess.

but the scratch on the car is still there.. the dents.. so i'm still reminded that the problem has not been resolved completely.

still have to call up that guy and get him to pay for repairs and all that crap.

sigh.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I don't know. If he'd banged into my car. I might have beaten him up. Hahaha. If people fight, I just try and stop them. It doesn't make me cry. I guess I've seen too much of it. Heheh.

Hope your poor car gets better! *sayang car*

10:31 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

my car's in the midst of it's repairs. i hope it would turn out ok. cos that guy's nephew is doing the repairs for me. so yeah, he's paying for it to be done.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home