Wednesday, April 05, 2006

free flow of the thoughts

"... November.. December.. January.. February.. March.. April.. " she muttered under her breath as she counted the months off with her fingers.

That can't be right, she thought.

"Okay.. let's try this again.. October.. "

Hmm.. November does come after October, right? Nevermind.

"October.. November.. December.. January.. February.. March.. April.. "


It's still hard to believe that 6 months has gone by ever since Mark and I got together. In fact, it's hard to swallow. Yeah, I actually get that feeling of something being stuck in my throat thinking about it. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I think it's a bad thing.

I'm just worried. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing but I've never been in a relationship that managed to get past that 6 month mark. (except for one where I was with him for a year but that doesn't really count) What's worrying me more is that Mark and I still have not had our first blow up where we are so seethingly furious at each other that

1) we walk out on each other

2) we hang up on each other

3) we do not talk to each other for days

4) we attempt to break up with each other

Not that I want it to happen. It's just odd how rarely we fight as compared to my other relationships where I may as well be hating someone I claim to love.

But what I'm more worried about if we were to break up for one reason or another.. is how am I gonna tell my parents? This is the first time I've ever been able to be so open about my boyfriend.

He's even held hands, hugged, and kissed me in front of my family members. I still feel uncomfortable about him doing that eventhough it's good that he feels enough at ease to do that. Not that I mind, really.. I'm just afraid of what my parents think. First time, mah.

Funny also that it doesn't feel like 6 months to me. In my other relationships, at least it did feel as long as it lasted. I still feel like it's barely been a month. Time really does fly, doesn't it.

Haha.. I have to get over myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Willow said...

u really have to get over yourself, girl =p

ps: "First time, mah."
first time meh?
u sure ka? =p

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family will always love you no matter what. :) It doesn't matter if you're more open with this guy, as long as you and him - compatible & happy.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

willow: first time having the family know about the boyfriend. :P other times it's always been like, having to sneak out and hiding from the family. now it's all so laid back. it's weird.

sometimes i miss the days when i had to keep it a secret cos it felt so much more exciting.. but it can be very tiring too. so bleh. i can't complain. =)

luxferi: aw, thanks.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Willow said...

well, u shouldnt be =)

cause its not easy when u know ur parents are too strict with u (like mine). so since they're open now, u should be glad =)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

true enough. i am thankful. i just miss the excitement, that's all.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home