Friday, June 16, 2006

a long winded dream topped with a raccoon

There's really no running from the bad dreams that come to haunt me every night.

My dreams always seem so real that what if whatever that guy said was true? I don't remember who was the one who said that maybe our dreams is really the real world. Some philosopher dude, I guess. That maybe the real world is not the one we're living here. It's the one we live in our dreams.

But then again, that can't be true. Cos if the real world is our dream world, why is it that it's so random and so different and it seems like you're never in the same place in every dream?

Maybe then, the real world in which we live in only exists so that we don't start going crazy from our dreams. This is like, a little break time.


What was my dream last night? I dreamt I was in an auditorium, on a stage which was made of wood, red drapes, red curtains, I'm standing in the middle of he stage, the spotlight is on me. I can't see anything else because of the light shining into my eyes. Suddenly, I'm watching myself from off the stage. I'm trying to peer out by shading the lights with my hand. Then this strange light shines down on me and I just vanished.

I was thrown into this really odd land where I was left in a field. Everything is oh-so-green. Along the sides of the field I could see a forest. I tried walking towards it, but it seems as though as much as I walk or run, I don't seem to be getting anywhere, yet I know that I've made one round around this world already.

Then all of a sudden, I see a gravel path in front of me, and when I turn around, there was this glass, 80's styled building. I'm inside the building looking out onto the gravel path when this golf cart usually used to bring tourists around in groups pulled up. On it was Azie, Azie's mom, and Azie's aunt who were all the tour guides. I could tell from what they were wearing.

Not the usual tourist clothes but totally glammed outfits of velvet, spaghetti straps, heels, etc. I watched as they came into the glass house where the tourists started looking around and I'm trying to get Azie's attention. She was fussing around with a shawl and cursing the management for making her wear what she was wearing.

Then everyone vanished. I'm left alone again in the glass house where I spotted a box that is usually used for storing cake on one of the tables there. I knew that it belonged to Azie but since they all left, I thought it would be ok if I ate whatever was inside. I walked over to where it was, picked the box up, and opened it. What I saw inside where three worm-like looking things which were covered with frosting. But they were pastry.

So, I ate them!

Then suddenly the dream changed and I'm at someone's wedding. I had a camera in my hands. I was in this glass building, probably on the second floor, and I was looking out at another glass building across the street. I see this bride and groom coming out with the groom carrying the bride in his arms. I bring up my camera to take a video of them but looking through the LCD screen of my camera, I see clouds instead, like I'm in a plane looking out.

Huh??? Clouds?! was what ran through my mind. I put down my camera and looked out, and yeps, I felt like I'm in a plane that's up in the air, looking out. Only that the window is not that tiny small oval thing you usually get in planes but it's that huge glass paned windows you get on buildings. But guess what, I am still in that glass paned building.

I look up to the sky and I see two figures that seem to be falling, and quick. One figure was clad in white and the other in black. That's when I realised that those two were the bride and groom! What are they doing skydiving?! But it was so cool. I started video'ing their fall. Heh.. doesn't sound like a good sign for their marriage, does it? :P

Not only were they skydiving, they were both also doing those skydiving stunts? I don't know what to call them. So cool!! And the view from the building seems to be falling at the same rate as their fall so I could video them throughout their whole flight. Suddenly we're back to the proper level we were at before, and now looking out through the window, I could see the eiffel tower right in front of the building!

I was afraid that the bride/groom might fall on it, but it's a good thing they didn't. I video'ed them from down below and they were still doing their stunts. Turning this way and that. They must be the coolest couple ever. They landed. They were now in the same building I was in, I see them coming up the stairs and then heading into the ballroom where the wedding dinner was to be held.

Oh! When they came up the stairs, well, you know how brides usually have the long train? This couple, well, they both had trains which were of the same length. The groom's train came from his coat. The way that they both had trains which were of the same length kinda signified, to me anyway, that they were both equal in their relationship and that they had the utmost respect for one another.

Wah. My dreams are so philosophical too. Teehee.

I turned around to go to the bathroom and the sitting on the carpeted floor was Ian who said I needed a ticket to use the bathroom which he was selling, of course. I decided then not to go to the bathroom. Hahaha. Not that I was a cheapskate, but cos I didn't feel like it anymore.

-End of Dream-

PS. I woke up with a need to use the toilet. I think it's those "worms" I ate from Azie's cake box. Damn.


Heh heh.. yes, I coloured another. I used the word coloured cos this was the first one I actually drew.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u can draw.
can u sketch my pic?
hee.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

haha.. i could.

if you don't mind looking slightly contorted and stuff.

actually, i am more used to sketching portraits instead of cartoon figures.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good.
sketch moi.
wheee...

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home