Wednesday, September 07, 2005

still naive

I guess I'm just too naive. Thinking that people would ever stop speaking badly of one another when their backs are turned. Maybe I'm being silly thinking that people could actually get along. Who here knows the phrase "do onto others as you would like them onto you"? I have no idea how many other people out there actually believe in that and actually live by it. But I know I do.

I must be some silly hippie or flower/peace child trapped in the wrong century. Who here believes that people are still actually any good. No one. Not anymore.

It caused me so much pain to think that people nowadays are like this. Why? A friend believes that it is because I am one who has always wanted to believe the best in people and hates to think that everyone has an ugly side. Sigh. Kinda true though. I guess I need to grow up and start thinking badly about others? Does growing up actually involve hating and thinking badly of others?

Is there really anything wrong in wanting to believe the best in people though? Other than the hurt you receive from trying to defend this person from others.

The people who complain/bad mouth, I guess you don't know that when you do that, there is also another person who is doing exactly the same to you. And it hurts to know that no matter what, I would've defended you as best I can but you would also be doing the same.. bad mouthing others.. whom I would also defend. One vicious cycle right there. I'm weary. Tired. Sick. Stop. Please.

Would you have believed it if I told you that when someone was mistreating you without you even knowing about it, that I cried? For you? Because I wanted so much for everyone to be able to get along. Because I didn't feel like it was right for someone to be speaking badly of another. Because I know that it isn't true of what others were saying of you. Who you are.. you are my friend.

And because you are my friend, I fight for you.

And at least someone knows for sure that I do, cry.

The past few weeks of having to defend others leaves me wondering, if I'm in some way, hated too? I'm sure I am anyway. No one is ever free from hate. I just wonder who would hate me.. and why.

Oh well.

Thank you for reading my very emo post. Sorry for it being so lame. Oh yeah, guess what. Kenny Sia is also going through the same thing. Sort of. The defending part anyway. Except that he doesn't get as emotional and doesn't cry. :P Damnit. I'm so lame. Girls are too emotional. Really.

7 Comments:

Blogger ALANTSH said...

felt so ashame that i do hate ppl sometimes even though i try not to.... sorry

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel sad for you... i admire your sincerity of, at least, attempting to defend others.
to believe one such noble thing that there is some good in people and to cry, hoping the world would be a better place, is indeed a noble thing to do.
don't be ashamed of yourself for crying. don't be ashamed that you still have faith in people.. don't. for people like you are those that makes this world a better place....

11:37 AM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

Growing up never need the involvement of hate or mistrust.

those just came along the way either by accident, coincidence or through the person's own choice.

I do hate too... but only people who are inconsiderate of other people's feelings.. and intentionally at that.

I'm sure I'm not free of hate myself. For all I know, there're most likely several backstabbers in my circle of friends.
but what can I do but just continue on anyways?

Life just goes on and we should just proceed with a firm and strong heart, despite all the bad that challenges us.

Believe in yourself, Kim. You're doing great as you are.
Though.. maybe it'll help to be a little of a realist.
Not everyone thinks in the same way.

FYI..... I believe in that quote. and I do try my best to abide to it.
So far.... it doesn't always seem that way.. but I proceed to follow it anyway.

Wah! So long my comment!!
Sorry for being so talkative! haha!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

alantsh: well, sometimes it can't be avoided. that i know. but as long as you've tried to do something about it. and as long as you don't bring others along or drag others into hate.

jawing: thank you. =) that meant a lot. thank you for your reassurance and faith that i may be doing something right.

zack_tiang: =) it's okay. it's nice to know what you think. well, all my life i've always been a dreamer, never a realist. if i were to become a realist, who knows, would i be more negative? you think?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

A realist can either be an optimist or a pessimist.... but realist more often bring reality into the scenario... which is often means being a pessimist.
That's what I noticed about the realist in me anyway..

You're what I would consider to be an idealist,the opposite of a realist.

Idealist then to be more optimistic with their ideals...
Like as if practically anything is possible.
A realist considers the possibility of achieving whatever that ideal is...

Shrugs... that's my opinion anyway...

Don't be afraid to be a little realist... it's always good to maintain a little balancing act...
my opinion again.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

yeah, i'm familiar with that term, tiang. :p

not afraid. just that that's not who i am.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

Well... only you can decide who you are.

My opinion is that you should be a little of a realist.
that way... you just might not get as depressed/upset/sad about such things as you do...

When you keep continuing like this... it really hurts for other people, especially those the really care about you.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home