Tuesday, September 20, 2005

walking contradiction

I do believe myself to be a walking contradiction. Or at least, I'm not the person I look like I am. If that makes any sense to any of you. Hah!

Why am I suddenly writing about this? Cos I got writer's block. I really didn't know what to write for my next post. So why this? Well, yesterday, met this guy, Mark, who I think is Bernard's (Hehehe.. remember Bernard, Wani?? Okay, actually his real name is Lucas. Bleh. We just named him Bernard before we actually found out his real name. Pandai kan, we all?) older brother.

Well, we were all just messing about in the cafeteria together with Iqbal and Tiang. Just killing time. Well, towards the end of our meeting, since Mark had to go, I started snapping pictures of him using Iqbal's camera. Well, cos that's just the person I am. I love taking pictures. Never ever lend me your camera or else I'm gonna take snapping amazing (ahem, but no, seriously. hah!!) pictures with your digicam be it be some lousy camera or not. Hahaha! Mintak puji. Anyways, just as he was leaving he was like, "You're in media, aren't you." and I was like, *shaking head profusely*. So then he was like, "So what are you doing then?" and I said, "Engineering." then he goes, "Hahahaha!! Really?? You don't look like an engineering student!" Urgh. So mean. Btw, don't I sound like such an airheaded cheerleader type person with all the like like like's I keep saying? Patutlah he thinks I'm in media. Plus, I think it was my mistake of wearing a pink shirt. It seems that the girls in media has some sort of obsession with the colour. It's so freaky. Anyway, it was just a once in a lifetime sort of thing. I'm not one of those girls obsessed with the colour pink. Or maybe it's cos of all the gorgeous pics of him I took and showed him. Ahah.

Or should I be honoured? Cos media students are such a pretty bunch or people. Haha. Yeah, you guys are pretty/gorgeous/handsome/beautiful and you guys know it. And creative and artistic fellows.

I mean no offense to the media students, of course. It just seems to the rest of us that you guys don't get as much work or assignments to do as the rest of us and that you guys are taking the easy way out. But I know how much assignments you guys get. And how much readings you people have to do. Man! *shakes head* But it's still unfair that you guys don't really get exams the way the rest of us do. Hmph! *stamps foot*

Anyways, I realise I look so much like I'm still a little girl.. =( and that I look somewhat innocent. Or just like someone who looks like she listens to pop only. Uh.. ew? Haha. I'm a universal listener, kay. Been told countless times that I look like that. Just the other day, my music teacher even thought I was younger than my younger brother. Boo!!! =( Sakit hati, eh.

And I'm not ang mo, okay? Not that I have something against white people. Cos I don't. Haha. Just listen to the way I talk then you'll know I'm not ang mo. Wait. Okay. Erm. That's not right. Fine. I have a bloody english accent kinda thing. Blueehhh. Erm. Hmm. Okay, maybe I brought that upon myself. It's weird though. Cos people say that I look ang mo (hmph), and that my little brother by 2 years looks malay (shrugs), and that my little sister by 12 years looks pure chinese. Argh. How can like that? Eheh.

This is going a little bit off topic, but it's funny how little things have such a huge affect on your day, on your mood. Mark was asking me something and as I was thinking of how to answer him, when he just went "Btw, you got really pretty eyes." and I was just suprised. But grin! Then the question was forgotten. Then we all just started talking about how random people can be at times. Iqbal then started telling us about his friend who went off topic while they were talking about some serious matters by saying, "I know this is a little off topic. But I know these two lesbian frogs......." then we all just started laughing like hell. Lesbian frogs?! The rest of us were just, "Okay. We do not want to know how he knows lesbian frogs. Hahahah!!" We were probably the loudest table there. Until Mr. Johannes, one of our lecturers in Curtin, who was sitting at the table just next to us busy reading his book, turned around and gave us a thumbs up. Like, eh? But hahaha anyway!

Okay. Thanks for reading another one of my useless posts! ;)

12 Comments:

Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

uhh... blog spam again... -.-||

anyway... interesting entry.. haha!

Lesbian frogs..
uh..right...

And Mr. Johannes is such a friendly and fun lecturer.. haaha!

And in the contradictory dept, you're definitely not alone!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

same goes for me..... walking contradiction

1:16 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

i guess we're all walking contradictions then. which is why people shouldn't stereotype. duncha think?

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess so.... gosh, u got me thinking...

1:57 PM  
Blogger me_yasmin said...

wuuuiii!!! NOT ALL media students have a thing for pink, ok?? only two us(read:media students) do, ok?

and we DO NOT have it easy!!! we may have less assignments than the rest of you, but please believe me when i say they involve a lot of f-ing work to complete!!!

and the reading...OH, the WEEKLY READINGS!!! how they torture us so, with unfamilliar words, terms and names!!!

so go ahead. say again that we have it easy.


I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE...

10:02 PM  
Blogger me_yasmin said...

god, that felt good :D

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a nice entry. eheh. And yes, Yasmin is right. And you are wrong. :p

10:47 PM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

"I mean no offense to the media students, of course. It just seems to the rest of us that you guys don't get as much work or assignments to do as the rest of us and that you guys are taking the easy way out. But I know how much assignments you guys get. And how much readings you people have to do."

Don't forget ladies.. She did think from your views.
So you can't say she was wrong.
You can say the stereotypical idea of media students having an far easier study life than the rest is very wrong.

Stereotyping is not right and not good to have, but very hard to be rid of cause of everyone being quite inconsiderate to think from other's view or perspectives.

It's a sad world...

That's why we should start ridding ourselves of stereotyping before we start unto others.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Alamak.. and i thought with all the weekly readings you guys get that reading my little entry here would be easy as pie.

and yes, like zack_tiang said. haha. i do know that you guys got it hard. :P it just seems that you guys got it easy, ok? i've seen all the work you ppl have to do and stuff. so yes, i do know. i'm not one to say things without looking at it from different point of views. i know if i did that, i would be unfair. and i don't want to be like that.

and look:
It seems that the girls in media has some sort of obsession with the colour.

I said seems.

so, just calm down. both of you. :P and maybe have your eyes checked. maybe those weekly readings are doing things to your eyes. hehehe. jk, kay.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm ok with the weekly readings. I mean, I never really read the readings. eheh. Ya la yasmin. learn your lesson! She said 'it seems'.

dont be so emo. :p

7:57 PM  
Blogger me_yasmin said...

emo? me? mana ada!! that's syafiq lah!

anyway, kim....sorry if i sounded harsh and all. i'm just so friggin' tired of hearing that we media students "have it easy". when i saw your post i straightaway went into a defensive mode.

doesn't mean that i don't wanna be friends anymore with you or anything like that. that's just plain silly.i still wurve uuu :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

wuiiii <--mimin sounds cute when she sed that..ahahha

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home