Thursday, February 09, 2006

blog is the not-too-new word



Sometimes people ask me why I blog. They see my entries as being too personal. So why? Why do I post them online where everyone can see them? Maybe I do want others to see. Maybe I do want others to read my thoughts. Maybe I just want others to be able to understand me and know me better.

Yes, my blog is my journal. I write here because it's easier and faster to type rather than to write. Besides, this way, I can also stay on the computer and write in my diary. I've given up writing actual diaries because I've lost the trust I once had in the people that live around me not to disturb my things. But don't you think that they might find out about your blog one day? Maybe. But let's just leave that up to God.

How long have I been blogging? It's been years and years since I first started blogging. It all started when I decided to build my own website. I was so eager to learn about how to build your own website. Back then, all I think we had to work with was HTML codes. When I first started out, I already knew that I wanted to build a website, but what of? So I decided to start an online journal.

Of course, at the time, I was also still penning my life's dramas down on paper. I read my diaries a few weeks back and it just seems to me that my english has gone down the drains, for lack of a better word. That's how bad it's gotten. deteriorated.

Anyway, I soon discovered Blogger whilst surfing the web and signed up for it. Guilty Secrets is not my first blog. I've had several others before. Which I have all deleted when Rafie found out about them and got all upset cos they involved my other ex-boyfriends. Deleted them so that he would be happier. I feel kinda sad that I did that now cos they were still memories which I had once shared with people who were also once special to me. It needn't necessarily mean that I still have feelings for them. They are just memories of things past. Not only that, my old blogs were not just about my ex-boyfriends. I also wrote about my life back then.

I'm very forgetful. That's why I write, why I blog. So that I can remember. I write truthfully because it helps me to remember how I felt like going through all the things I've been through. That's why it may seem too personal for some. But I write it that way too so that those who read my blog may be able to feel what I feel. Eventhough I may not be very good at explaining things properly, but I do what I can.

Thanks for reading. Thank you even more for caring.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my fav post by u so far. =)

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah well, my blog is rather controversial to my readers. But it doesn't matter. people can say what ever they want, but in the end, we do what we want, write we like, eh? After all, it doesn't need good english to rant your life out. Haha.

2:48 PM  
Blogger G said...

I think blogging is addictive lol, I have tried to stop many times and not succeeded.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

thanks, stef. =) mighty big compliment there.

stranger: makes me wonder what your blog is like. wondering if you would like to share it with the rest of us. but i doubt you would. cos if you had wanted to, you could've just linked it easy. :P

zacynthus: know what, now that you've mentioned it, yeah... it is addictive. =O :shocked: no wonder i go around with the need to blog eventhough there's nothing to say. hmmmm.... i should go seek help.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha,in truth, if you ever find my blog, its not going to be a good thing.I wouldn't want to 'reveal' myself. Sorry >.< and yes, I agree.. blogging is SUPER addictive.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

ok stranger. :P it's okay. am wondering now if you're someone i know. are you?

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheh.naah. don't worry. i know someone you know. alright lah,i wont get all freaky and shit. i simply enjoy reading your blog and. lets just stick to that :D

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home