Thursday, June 30, 2005

bad day

Daniel Powter - Bad Day

Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to grey
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Well you need a blue sky holiday
The point is they laugh at what you say
And I don't need no carryin' on

You had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down and you really don't mind
You had a bad day

(Oh.. Holiday..)

Sometimes the system goes on the brink
And the whole thing turns out wrong
You might not make it back and you know
That you could be well oh that strong
And I'm not wrong

So where is the passion when you need it the most
Oh you and I
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
You've seen what you like
And how does it feel for one more time
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

Had a bad day
Had a bad day
Had a bad day
Had a bad day
Had a bad day

I want to get out of this place.. I need to get out of this place..

---------------------
(edited: 30th June 2005, 11pm)

I'm having a bad day. Yups... I just keep getting pissed off. Then calming down.. then getting pissed off again. Just just now.. got pissed off cos of something my "friend" said. He was asking, how my exam went (I had a maths test today). I said that it wasn't good. Then he had the nerve to say that maybe it was because I didn't study enough?? That I didn't study hard enough?? I just despised the way he made that assumption.

Fuck him lah. Ass. Just reminds me of my other friend. Patutlah they're both also friends with each other. Only thinking of themselves. Always thinking that they're better than everyone else. Always saying things without considering other people's feelings. Geez. Long long long stupid story. Awang, Wani, and Rafie should know who I'm talking about. (If they remember) What with the both of us (Awang and I) tearing our hair out and trying to knock some sense into that boy's empty skull!! The world could do with less people like him. So closed minded. Unwilling to help. Pilih kasih!!! Idiots. They are really you know.. those kinda people that give others a bad name. They are the rotten apples that manages to spoil the whole bunch!!

They give a bad image and name to the community, their race, as well as the country. Huh.. they think they're so great that they are good enough to pass judgement upon others who do not look/act/believe in the same things they do. Hell no. That's just so wrong. That's being a racist. That's making a decision before even thinking it through or even investigating. That is being unfair. That is being closed minded.

I seriously do not like people who are closed minded. Some people may say that I'm closed minded too. But it's not that. I do listen. I do give things a chance. I just have standards. Those guys? They barely take the time to listen and think things through. They do not give themselves the benefit of doubt. They believe that life is just plain black and white. Life is never that simple. It is complicated. There are always areas of gray. But they refuse to look. They just close their eyes and pretend that those spaces don't exist. Why? Are they scared to look? Are they scared that they have been wrong all the while?

Anyways!! This girl, Melanie, came up to me today after my lecture asking if I would be interested in being a mentor for the summer camp they would be having at Curtin. Huh! She said that Abel, the guy that was one of our "judges" for yesterday's moral presentation, asked her to ask me if I would be interested. *muse* Should I? Should I?? Okay, let's try making a list of reasons why I should and should not.

Why I Should
  1. Make more friends
  2. Gain more confidence
  3. New experience
  4. Erm.. more popular?
Why I Should Not
  1. So SHY!!
  2. Erm.. afraid. Of not being able to fit in.
  3. Afraid of messing up!
  4. Scared of Abel. >.<
Hahaha!! Okay.. that was just so lame. I'm not very good at making lists. And I don't really care for popularity. I'm usually the kinda person who shys away from the spotlight. But I do love being the centre of attention. Ahahaha!! Does that make sense??

I think Abel asked me cos he wants to train me to be the MC for cultural night. Hmm.. I wouldn't mind. But the thing is.. the only problem here is my mom. -_-" I think that if I did go for the summer camp thing, I would probably have to stay back late!! And my mom is just so "caring". *rolls eyes* So caring that she doesn't think I could handle just staying out late. I do believe, that the night is just as dangerous as daytime. It really doesn't matter what time of day it is, anything is possible. Just because it's morning doesn't mean that there won't be rain, that there can't be wind nor thunder. You know what I mean? She always said that she wanted me to make a name for myself at campus. So, what's this?? Pfft. She's always doing that anyways.. being a hypocrite.

Telling us that we should exercise more, yet refuses to park just some distance away just because she thinks it's too far to walk. I mean, c'mon! It's just across the damn street, damnit!! Sheesh. Then there's the whole, we should be more independent thing. Yet, she controls us like what!! Geez. And now this.

Give up!! Just give it up, Kim.. Just give it, up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terence said...

hey i know this song.. was abt to dl.. but now no need la hor

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trials of youth, or whtever vestiges of it that may be left, stand is in good stead for the rest of our lives. Remember, there is always a bigger picture. And keep this in mind :

The universe always unfolds as it should. It's no use getting riled up by a bunch of idiots.

*huGS* I love you.

2:19 AM  
Blogger KiMMerLiCiouS said...

Don u gv up~ i swear i'll gv u a wedgie! (which means.. me (kim) pulls ur underwear over ur heaD! muahaha.. FEEL TAT!

P.s: as ur fren~ i'll always be by ur side~ gving u support~

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

you guys are the best.. *hugs* it's so nice to wake up to these kinda things. seriously.

rafie: i know.. was just pissed for a moment, but i calmed down soon after. i just had something to say about it, that's all.
i love you too, honey..

kim: if you manage to actually do that, I would be amazed. i can never actually get the underwear to come over the head. muahaha. jk. i've never even tried giving anyone a wedgie before.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home