Thursday, June 30, 2005

jive

So, we had this moral group project. Where we had to choose a culture and learn a tradition from it. And then on presentation day, we would have to present our findings/learnings be it a dance, foods from that culture, a sketch, etc. There were 6 of us in my group. We had weeks to prepare for this project. At first, we wanted to do something about Mooncake. *yawn* Boring. Then, one week before presentation day.. we decided to change everything. Wanted to go learn a dance instead. Why? Because yeah, mooncake? Boring! Plus, we probably wouldn't get much marks for it.

At first, we wanted to try learn the Bidayuh dance. But unfortunately, we couldn't find anyone who would be free/available to teach us the dance. So, we decided to learn Jive instead. Haha. Jive is sort of like Swing, or the Jitterbug. ;)

We went to this place called Jeff's Ballroom Studio which is near Bintang Plaza here.

The place and the people that taught us the Jive. This was them doing some other dance though.

Some pics of my groupmates :


Elaine and Hui Ling


Cheing Ping yawning. ^_^


Hui Ling looks angry; China girl, Li Qian


Elaine, again. I've no idea what she's doing. So, don't ask.


My dance partner. Haha. Looking at what ah?!


Eldine, "trying" to hide his face.

And that was all of us. Haha. Bunch of sorry sods. :D So, we learnt to jive at the studio in just 2 days. Just over the weekend. Hehe. Then practiced everyday after till presentation day. Which was yesterday. ;)

The presentation

We were the last group to present yesterday. The first group presented something on Chinese New Year foods, the second presented a sketch on the Winter Solstice festival, and the third group presented a sketch about the legend of the mooncake. Then our group was the forth and last group to present. =)

Oh ya. Btw, when I went into class, Pei Ee/Cheryl kept pulling up my skirt. Like what lah!!!! Haih that girl. Tsk tsk tsk. Cos I rarely wear skirts. Only on occasions such as these do I wear one. Hahaha. I think everyone else also rasa pelik see me dressed that way. Hahaha. Oh well.

Here are some pics I took with my hp after all the groups had finished with their presentation and all and then we all had to stand in front of the class whilst the lecturers (there were 4 of them) gave comments and suggestions about our presentations. Everyone looked wonderful dressed up and all. A sight you don't see everyday. Hehe. =)



Doesn't it just look like they are all lining up, just waiting to be executed by a shooting... erm... oh bleh. What do you call those people again? The ones that shoot you as they line you up against a wall and kill you?

Anyways, we sort of messed up on the dance. A bit. Not too terribly. And Eldine managed to get through the whole set without laughing and just giving up. Which is great! Good on you, Eldine! (As if he's ever gonna see this blog) Good job also to everyone else!~ We did it! In only 5 days!! 2 days learning the dance, 3 days practicing it by ourselves. ;)

Yay. They complimented us for doing something really different and unique. Which is good! But they said that we needed to practice our dance more. But they said that Cheing Ping and I dance well together. *flashes peace sign* Know what else? Yesterday was my first time actually wearing heels and already I had to dance in them. Acks! But I did fine. I didn't trip!! I didn't fall!! I really thought I would. :P Congratulate me. *bows*

Mr Abel also said that he would train me to see if I would be able to be one of the MC's for cultural night. He says I got a good voice for it. Muahahahaa. Tambah besar gik ego. Haha. Oh well. But you know what.. I couldn't have done it if not for Rafie.. yeah.. he encouraged me and said that he believes I would be alright and that I would do fine.. although, I know those words may not mean much to others, but they did to me. =) Thanks, darling..

Anyways, after that, went back to the carpark to where Wani was still in her car, studying. -_-"And I made her take pictures of me using her digicam. Lol. Like so... eyerrr... tebal muka or sik malu like that only.. What to do.. I promised someone I would. ;) Haha. Here are some of the pics.. Btw, the skirt isn't mine. Borrowed it from Kym. Too bad. It looks great on me. *hint hint* Just kidding!!


Cheryl: *pointing* Eeeeeeee.. skirt!!
Me: *pointing too* Your head ah!!


Cheryl and Me!


Was stooping down to Wani's height. I look so cacat here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Terence said...

so u're finally not wearing jeans :P

7:21 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

but now i'm back to my old normal t-shirt and jeans. ;)

7:36 PM  
Blogger 大孩子.Cherry said...

Argh!!! I look fat... damn it..i have to do more exercise to slim down... haih... but i like the photo with you and wani...wani looked so cute!!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

hahaha.. wani mmg pun. gila la we all.. standing in the sun like that!!

12:37 AM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

Wahhhh heheh tq tq...*kembang hidung*

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home