Wednesday, October 26, 2005

curtin grand ball 2005

The theme for this year's prom was Heaven On Earth. This year, the prom was held at Marriot Hotel on the 22nd October.

Wani and I went to Simon Hair Design to get our hair and make up done instead of the initial plan of going to Amy Hair Studio. We went there at 4.30pm. First time being there. And it wasn't bad either. The people were friendly. The guy there even did my hair twice just so that I could choose which style I wanted it in. Haha. Adeh.. they gave Wani a totally sopisticated look, but they insisted on giving me a cute cute kawai look.

This is what I looked like after they were done with me.


So how? Walking disaster or....? Hehe.. I actually do like this hairstyle although they insisted on me looking cute.

After that, Wani and I rushed over to her place to pick up her dress and all that so that she could bring it over to my place and get changed there. So funny.. Wani almost forgot to take her dress along. We were just about to get into the car when I asked her, "What about your dress?" then you can see Wani scampering off to get her dress. Hehe.

We both went back to my place where I had the dilemma of choosing which dress to wear. You see, I had 2 dresses to choose from. One black one which my cousin lent to me, and another maroon coloured dress which my mother brought me to the tailor to make. Initially, I wasn't planning on even wearing anything new.. just go there wearing one of my old dresses or something.. Haha.. hopeless, aren't I? Then my mom dragged me off to the tailor's at last minute.

In the end, I went with the black dress. As you should probably be able to tell by now. I was supposed to go pick up a friend at 7pm but you know how girls are.. hehehe.. in the end, we picked him up at only 7.30pm. Who is he? Well, he was my last minute date. I was supposed to go single. Anyway, weird, innit? A girl going to pick a boy up? Hehehe. Well, initially he wanted to pick me up, but since I had long ago promised that I would pick Wani up, we decided that I would drive over to his place to pick him up and that he would then drive the rest of the way to Marriot. And ish! So sweet.. he got me a corsage. Wasn't expecting that at all. That's a picture of the corsage on the left. It actually had two roses in it, but one fell out sometime during the night. Too bad. =(

Anyways, when we arrived at Marriot, there were no parking spaces left. So they had to direct the traffic to the football field. Where they had to let the cars park. Okay.. sooo... we parked there.. and now.. let's ponder.. football field.. heels.. football field.. heels.. Haha. Yeah, I had trouble walking across the field in heels. So did Wani. So my date carried my across the field.. teehee. Poor Wani. I was a tad bit embarrassed though. Haha.. but I still enjoyed it. Hehe. What?? It's nice being carried around, no? Makes you feel like a little girl again.

So we walked all the way to the ballroom which was actually situated in a seperate building then we saw a line snaking into the ballroom. Wah! At least we know we weren't the only ones who were late. Hehe. So while standing in line, he helped tie my corsage to my wrist. Heh. But erm.. yeah.. kept having trouble with it.. my fault really. That he had to keep undoing his knots and tying it all over again. Oh, and it didn't just stop there. Haha! Noo.. all throughout the night, he kept having to tie it back on for me. Not that he wasn't any good at tying it on. Just that, you know.. I'm small. So like.. it was loose.. and I kept shifting around so yeah.. Hehe. My bad.


Wani and I. Btw, that arm does belongs to Wani.

Anyway, we finally got in. Outside in the hall, there had a little space where we could go and take photos. They hired photographers from Broadway to do the shooting. And there were tables set up for the buffet later. So then we went into the ballroom to go sit at our tables. Oh yeah, he was sitting at a different table, btw. Cos I was sitting at the CV! table and since he only got his ticket at last minute (luckily too, cos all the tickets were supposed to be sold out) he had to sit at a different table. But luckily not too far away. =) I sat at table 19, be was at table 21. Wani however, sat at a table that was set up at the far corner of the room. Aihh.. pity. Number 35, i think. Or 30 something, at least.

Had the usual lauching.. with performances, and speeches. First off, a performance from the Curtin Music Club. My friends Azie and Desmond performed too. Hurrah for them. Speeches from our student council president, Benet, and also from our dean, Professor Ruth Marquis. Then dinnertime!!


Mamam? Nyam nyam.

The main course wasn't bad. However, the rest of the food.. *shakes head* The buffet was terrible. I was disappointed. =( My date was such a gentleman though. I didn't even have to get out of my seat at all for food that night. Hehe.. cos he kept going out and in to get food for me
eventhough he wasn't sitting at the same table as I was. Appetizers and desserts, etc. =) Oh, and he's so sweet. He would walk by my table and ask if I wanted anything from outside, then he would give me a little kiss on my cheek or forehead before leaving.

During dinner, they had a contest for the Prom King and Prom Queen thing. For entertainment, I suppose. During that time, most of us were already done eating and were just sitting around and milling about. People were switching seats.. some had gone outside to take pictures. Genesis, who was sitting next to me left for someplace. I have no idea where. So then, my date came over to sit together with me. Aww. Haha.. held hands, then he asked why I wasn't wearing the corsage he got me. And I was like, "Oh.. uhh.. it was hard to eat with it on? So I uh.. took it off. Eheh.." *sheepish grin* so then he was like, "Oh, you stupid girl." Grrrrrrr...!!! Then he had to tie it on me again. Lol. While tying it on, he was grumbling about how I must be the most difficult date he's ever had and how he's already lost count of the number of times he's had to tie the corsage on for me. Muahaha. I lost count too, actually.


Mark and I.

After all that, Abel and Dennis performed a few songs fo us. Tiang then asked me for a dance. Didn't know whether to accept or not at first.. cos I was still sitting there with my date and then there was that whole episode we had. My date told me to just go, so I did. To be honest, I still wasn't feeling totally comfortable. And dancing with him was sad to say, hard.. or forced. Sigh.

The stupid dancefloor at the place was too small. So when we danced, we kept bumping into other couples on the dancefloor. Haha. So stupid. When the song finished, I went back to sit with my date who when I got back said, "You're dancing with me for the next song." Oookayy.. Haha. Not that I mind. So okay.. the next song, we went up to the dance floor. Oooh.. this time there were more couples up there. We had a hard time just trying to find a space to dance in. Lol. Really lah.. the dancefloor was so stupidly small. Man.. kept knocking into all the other couples out there.

At least before when I was dancing with Tiang, there was still enough space so that there could be some distance between us cos there were less people. This time, no chance. The song ended too soon though.. cos it was only when we found some space that it ended. *rolls eyes* The next song that was performed was a more upbeat song, which we tried dancing to. But failed since of the lack of space. Hahaha. In the end, we just said "Let's just pretend this is a slow song." Haha.


Tearing it up on the dancefloor with Azie and Wani.

When that song ended, he planted a soft kiss on my lips before walking us back to the table. *blush* Then we decided to go out for a walk. Might as well, I was getting tired of carrying my handbag around and I wanted to stash it back in the car anyway. When we walked out into the lobby, we saw that the pictures that we had taken earlier had already been developed! Ooh, that was quick. Earlier I had gone to take three pictures. One with Azie, Gen, Nadia, another with the CV! Gang and a third with just Wani and me. And I look so horrid in the first pic, so I didn't buy it. Haha.. I only bought the picture with the CV! peeps. That was because the third pic I had taken (with Wani) had not yet been developed.


CV! Family go to prom.

So after that, went to walk back to the car with my date. Haha.. he carried me over the grass again. Lol. Complaining that he didn't realise my car was parked that far off. Dropped my stuff there, then walked back to the ballroom. *shakes head* When we got there, I met Reema who passed me Wani's stuff that she was taking care of. She said it was cos she had to go and Wani was still busy dancing. So... alright then... tsk tsk.. walked all the way back to the car again cos I didn't want to carry Wani's stuff around all night. Then Tiang called, telling me to go back to the Ballroom cos he had something for me.. So walked all the way back there again. Good exercise, no? On the way back, Wani called her hp asking where all her stuff were and to come back to the ballroom too. Haha. So yeah, went all the way back there again. Met Tiang who then gave me a rose.

Then Wani told me that our pictures had already been developed. Yay. Bought one. I'll put those pictures in later, after Wani gives them back to me, okie? Also took pictures with my other friends who were milling about at the lobby.


JB and I. Ah, I still think it's a nice pic even if I did close my eyes. Hehe.


Iqbal and I. Was actually looking at another camera in this pic. :P


Mark, Tiang, and I checking out some of the pics taken using Iqbal's camera. Candid shot. :P


Sung Lee and I. One of my mentees during the Degree O-Week.


Went back into the ballroom with my date awhile to take a pic with the banner. Lol. That sounded oh-so-lame. Ah, who was my date?


That's who.

Is he my boyfriend though? Only sort of. It's complicated.

How was did I feel about my first prom? Mixed feelings. Actually, the prom to me was boring. But the night was great..

19 Comments:

Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

And felt uncomfortable... heh, knew it.
Oh well... can't win them all, huh?




P.S....


Wahseh!
Romantic nia!

:P

10:05 PM  
Blogger WaNiDuCkiE said...

Guess its my turn now huh...heh...

wuii..now ppl know that im careless....sob...malu eh hahaha

3:21 AM  
Blogger me_yasmin said...

ahh!! finally, finally, finally!!! a post about the prom!! been waiting for this for ages...


p/s - so you went with him after all, hmm? :)

p/p/s - decided to make it public now,eh? ;)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

zack_tiang: sorry, tiang..

aziemazie: *blush* there was more but.. lol.

waniduckie: ahahaha.. sorry, wani! didn't mean for it to come out that way. lol.

me_yasmin: uh.. yeah.. went with him.. decided to make it public? well.. had a tough time deciding whether to even write about him at all.. cos for one, i'm not sure how much longer i'm gonna be with him. heheh. and yalah ya.. a lot of other stuff, can say. :P

2:24 PM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

Nah! Don't apologize to me.

I should be the one to apologize... as always.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww..that is so sweet..

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kimi n mark...
i noticed u two together several times in the cafeteria n ard cmps hehe... nice couple i should say. =)
mark is a nice guy, isn't he?
if u two are really together, hope it lasts =)
ure very beautiful that night, but it's a pity i didn't see u (i was there too hehehe), or i would have dragged u across the ballroom (i think ure at the other end somewhr haha) to have a pic with moi.
really, whr on mutha earth were u??? lepaking at the field with ur date haaa? =p

10:21 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

jasmine: oh blush. lol.

steffeni: well, he's a proper gentleman. :P haha.. oh, i saw you! but only spotted you once. that time was before the dinner. then after that, didn't see you anymore! i think you are the one running off with ur bf somewhere. :P

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well all i can say is good luck to the both of u hehe =p it's nice to c u two tgthr.

u saw me? n u didnt even call?! what is wrong with u???
i was at my table the whole night watching ppl la. the only time i went off was to get food. i looked ard but didnt c u (apparently ure at the field =p).
u saw me n u didnt call...what is wrong with you???????

9:22 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

stef: i didn't have credit!! that's what's wrong with me! >:P unless...... ure willing to sponsor? kekekeh.. u shud bah.. then next time i see you, can call! :P hikhik. so how was prom for you?

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cilaka u. i meant call as in panggil. not talipon.

niways, prom was alright i guess. not much of an exciting thingy haha. the food was not so nice i have to say.
felix did a good performance, and i liked his reditions a lot. =)
but i still think prom was kinda boring and all. don't you think so? (the theme was...uh...is 'lame' a good way to describe it? eheh.)

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*renditions.
typo haha.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

stef: aiyak!! cos when i saw you, you were like, across the room! then after that, you dissapeared and then i dunno where you went. bah bah bah. and yeah, i agree that the theme was lame. :P

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woot!
the theme was LAME!!!
L.A.M.E.!!!!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Nisa said...

Wehh u looked so pretty that night but I didn't see you or wani or mark even! where were u guys? i went around bah.

n who would have thought. mark! haha. u guys r so sweet... =) romantic lah.

pity i didn't see u guys...!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Nisa said...

wait. i think i did see mark. oh i dunno. everything's so fuzzy now. =P

2:30 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

lil butterfly: aiks.. i didn't see you there leh, nysa. haha.. who would've thought? even i would never have thought. we just look odd together. lol.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

lil butterfly: eh wait.. i think i did see you there! ya, you and stef were both gorgeous that night.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U SAW ME N U DID NOT CALL!!!
biotch!!!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home