Wednesday, February 15, 2006

valentine's day

Ah, it's that time of year where love is placed upon a pedestral once again. Where all lovers come out and play, as well as to maybe show off their love for one another.

It's also a time where singletons would finally try to ask that certain someone out/get drunk partying/mope around at home/etc. And then bitch after how much they hate V-day. Haha. Which actually goes to show how much the day really means to them.

Does Valentine's day feel somewhat special to you? It doesn't seem like a very much special day to me, actually. To me, it's just like every other day. I mean, why would you actually need a day to celebrate love? Love should be celebrated everyday! Yes, celebrate it everyday, be thankful to have love in your life.

Haha.. I guess that's why I kept forgetting that today was Valentine's. How ironically too that I put on a shirt without noticing that it had the words Love Is Divine written all over it. No wait, I did know. I just forgot that today was V-day. How very appropriate, no? And then everytime someone wishes me a Happy Valentine's.. I go, "Oh yeah.. that's right.. it's V-day today" no matter how many people wished me a Happy V-day.

Well, I'm just here to say that I've never actually had the opportunity to celebrate V-day with someone special because of the following reasons:
  • I'm single
  • I'm currently having a fight with my boyfriend at the time
  • I'm not around/he's not around
So very sad, hoh? This year, it's cos he's not around that I'm not doing anything for Valentine's except maybe wish each other a Happy V-day.

But despite the fact that I've said that V-day just seems like every other day to me, it is still nice to have people with you a Happy Valentine's.. it's even nicer to have your boyfriend want to do something with you and I'm not talking about the bedroom stuff, okay?! It's just nice to see him going out of his way just to be more romantic towards you for just one day. Hehehe. Cute la, kan? I'll just dream on..

My mom says that Libra's aren't exactly the most romantically-inclined people on earth and I'm dating one of them. But my mom's married to one. Hahaha. Oh yeah, Mark's birthday is just one day before my dad's. How freaky is that?

I'm sorry, baby.. it's just weird, alright? Hehehe.. Yes, Happy Valentine's day, baby. Love you. *muacks!* I'm still wondering what gift to get you.. I didn't think you would be one to celebrate V-day.. so I didn't want to get my hopes up.. but you said you'd get me a present? Heheh.. so.. yeah.. I guess now I'm gonna have to get you something too. Not that I mind though. Just wasn't sure if I should.. since yeah, like I said before, I wasn't sure if you liked to celebrate it. How does a blade of grass sound? Kidding, honey. *hugs*



Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't mope...i just rot at home. no wait, i do mope..sighz

1:21 AM  
Blogger Zack_Tiang said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Kimberley.

Haha... Been a while since I left a comment around here...

Though I still visit every once a while!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww poor u...hope things with u and mark will go well eventually =)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Nisa said...

Aww.. The cartoon piece is so cute! Heh.

Hmm... I was wondering why I can't be more romantic than my bf. I am the girl in the relationship after all. But I guess u explained it. I'm a Libra. Haha.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey..i'm libra too!!!

well,tat day i juz tapok at my houz...
sik mok kluar rumah...
jeles see ppl kapel...
bawak bunga lah..bawa belon lah...
apalah!!

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy vday..im not the type to celebrate it too but i had fun with friends and bf on that day. yes, love should be celebrated everyday.
oh btw, where do u get those cute cartoons with hollow eyes? so the nice one..heheh.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

wahh.. i haven't replied to any of these comments eh?

sorry. *bows* internet has been down here. anyone noticed?

yups, happy v-day, everyone.

stef: thank you very much =)

nysa: actually, i don't very much believe in zodiac signs and all that. but bleh.. we'll just have to see what statistics show. wahahaha.

doly: oh yakah? hahahah! me too lah! stay at home nia. cos duwan to see all those couples. bluergh. hehe.

sarah: the cartoons? well, i myself would like to know!!! cos i have no idea where to get them. i stole them off my cousin's pc, who in turn, took it from a friend, and so on and so forth. and friends i know who has the same cartoons, well, when i ask them where they got it, they tell me that they got it from their friends. so yeah, one huge vicious cycle right there. but hey, if you ever find out, tell me ya! :P

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home