Thursday, May 12, 2005

left alone

This is just me.. trying my hand at poetry writing. Which, I'm pretty bad at. Also thanks to Awang who suggested I try something like this to let go of my inner gremlins. =)

I still dream of you,
When I sleep at night,
Upon a bed of memories,
Memories of you.

Left alone, Long ago,
But it still seems like it was only yesterday,
That I was only caressing your cheek,
Kissing your eyes.

Was it ever true,
That love you gave me,
You met someone new,
Forget me.

Left alone, once again,
Love was never meant for me,
Only luck brought you to me,
But I've run out.

Broken promises, shattered dreams,
I believed in you,
Put all my trust in you,
I loved you.

You had all of me,
All of which I gave up voluntarily,
No questions asked,
For you, my only one.

Lifted me up, felt special,
That I was all you wanted,
All lies now,
If only you knew that i was true.

Given up, I've lost my soul,
An empty space that could never be filled,
In a heart, that bleeds everyday,
At the thoughts of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home